Guitar Pro 6

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reviews' started by djentleman, Apr 13, 2016.

1. djentleman

djentleman Member

I feel this should be in the guitar or the technique sections but I don't want tobrea any rules so in here it goes!

I was reading a lot of bad reviews about Guitar Pro 6 and wanted to put in my own two cents. I have been using guitar pro for around 6 years now and think it is an incredibly powerful piece of software. Perfect for beginners and onwards. So here's a summary of my thoughts. For the full review check out Djent Hub

Why You Need Guitar Pro 6 For Your Band

Guitar Pro 6 is a great tool to have as part of a band if nothing else because purchasing one copy of Guitar Pro comes with a license for 5 computers! So if you have a 4 piece band, 15 bucks each and you can all own a copy. Awesome!

More from that, if one of you has been writing a new song for the band and everyone needs to learn it, it doesn’t take very long to tab out the song, once you’ve had some practice of course, so you can write out the track and then export to a PDF to enable you to print out the sheet music for everyone. While doing that you can export the composition to a Wave file and everyone can listen to it while they play along speeding up the process so much!

A friend of mine had a project where he had to write a composition for an orchestral trio plus the guitar. Not the easiest thing to do when you’re a guitarist and have no idea how to write in standard notation.

Luckily he had Guitar Pro!

He was able to write out scores for a cello, a violin, and a double bass using tab notation, the standard notation then appeared above and he was able to print it out and give it to them to play! His only problem was, that he had written the entire composition in 4/4 using some crazy rhythms so the orchestral players couldn’t follow it and made him change the time signatures to suit them. The troubles of the metal guitarist and meshuggah fans.

Why Beginners Need Guitar Pro 6
    This is honestly the best resource you could buy if you are learning the guitar. I have used it for many years as a substitute to a guitar teacher and it helped improve my technical playing to levels I didn’t think were possible for me. I went for fumbling around trying to play smoke on the water to playing Arch Enemy and Symphony X solos within a year. I dedicated A LOT of time to playing guitar which helped sure but I attribute this success to Guitar Pro 6.

In particular, it was the use of the speed trainer in the loop setting. This amazingly understated tool allows you to repeat a highlighted piece of music at a given speed, then gradually increase the speed on each play through up to full speed. I like to set the start speed to 50% and the increase in 10% chunks. But there were times where I would need to go as low as a start speed of 20% and increase in 5% intervals!

To read more check out the full review on djent hub!