• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Guitar Repair - Long Island, NY

thegoochie

I need someone that can help me change pots and pickups in a Gibson in Long Island NY without charging a fortune. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, thanks.

guitarjb44

Silver Supporting Member
I need someone that can help me change pots and pickups in a Gibson in Long Island NY without charging a fortune. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, thanks.

Google Pete Mussillo, I believe he is in Rockville Center. He works with Steve Vai when Vai is on the east coast. Pete is a great guy.

Joe

Radspin

Mike Christian, Long Island Guitar Repair. Disclaimer--I play in a band with him, but I know he can do the work and his prices are reasonable.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Richie & Tony at NY Music in Bohemia, just off Sunrise Highway.
Tony learned from Jimmy D'Aquisto, Richie has worked on just about every kind of Guitar and Amp ever made.

631-563-5132

guitarjb44

Silver Supporting Member
Google Pete Mussillo, I believe he is in Rockville Center. He works with Steve Vai when Vai is on the east coast. Pete is a great guy.

Joe

I forgot to mention: Pete Mussillo also handles all the guitar repairs at The Music Zoo.

Joe

thegoochie

I actually live near the Guitar Museum in New Hyde Park since I am in Great Neck. I have passed by that place many times so I suppose they are my first choice.

Blues Power

why aren't you doing that yourself. its not hard. all you need is a $15 30 watt soldering iron from Lowes. practice solder scrap wire together for a few days and youll be good to go.

thegoochie

To be honest, I have a soldering iron and have used it to do some work before. My issue is that I have become so paranoid about frying pots since every post I read on the net, people keep talking about frying pots with a soldering iron. The fact that I had a whole harness made just makes that fear more of a consideration.

Blues Power

that's perfectly understandable and sometimes unavoidable. it happens to everyone at times even pro luthiers.

I can count on one 1 hand how many pots I fried in the last 40 years. not many to discourage me from going at it again

73Fender

Your chances of frying a pot will be less if you pre treat with some solder flux (Radio Shack has it) on the surfaces first. You'll get a quicker melt. And pre tin your tip, wipe with a wet sponge etc. Should be fine.

paul14470

Hey fellow Gear Pagers, if you're looking for expert repairs on your guitars or basses, give me a call. I've recently moved to Massapequa.

Hundreds of happy customers, and the cleanest shop you'll ever see. No worries about scratched or damaged guitars when you leave them here. I also offer an "Executive" Set Up, done while you wait! Watch & learn if you want, or go grab some lunch and come back.

Reasonable prices for outstanding work.
Fast turnaround time also on basic set ups.
Contact me at 516-524-4275 or visit my website:
www.myguitarer.com

like us on Facebook!
facebook.com/fixmyguitar

Thanks! Paul Livoti

Dealer for Porter Pickups, Dimarzio, Allparts, Nordstrand & TV Jones!View media item 3165View media item 3164View media item 3163

Trending Topics

Top Bottom