Guitar Rig 3, '69 Fender Telecaster Thinline, '50s Fender Precision, Squier Tele

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by YOGA64, Aug 18, 2008.

1. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

15th AUGUST

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=804454

Recorded using my '50s Mexican Fender Precision Bass, and my Fender Thinline Telecaster MIJ with Nocaster pickups.
    The lead guitar was done using a new and VERY cheap 3 pickups Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster made in India.
    This guitar is AMAZING for the price! :roll
    Everything was recorded with Guitar Rig 3, using Fender Twin and Ampeg amp models for the rhythm guitars and bass, with comp, reverb, chorus, wha, temolo and delay.
    The lead guitar used a Fender Bassman model. Also the looper was used.
    The keyboard sounding pad was recorded with the guitar using the wha pedal and tremolo, delay, and reverb.

I hope you'll enjoy listening to it as much as I did playing it. :phones

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. sixstringmonk

sixstringmonk Member

Sounds great! What audio interface did you use to get your guitar's signal to the pc?

3. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

Thanks!
    I used the Guitar Rig pedalboard as the audio interface ;)

4. sixstringmonk

sixstringmonk Member

What kind of latency are you getting with that pedalboard? I've been using my Mbox with the guitar rig demo and I'm getting around 7ms, which is fairly annoying. My computer is a high end gaming machine so the latency in my case is due to round tripping the signal to/from the Mbox.

5. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Very Very nice --- I actually was going to pick one up tonight.

6. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

I cannot really tell you in ms, but the fact that I don't notice ANY is proof enough for me. I've been using it without any problems for over a year now, and with the latest updates they have gotten rid of most of the bugs, which were very few.
    I strongly suggest using his own pedalboard\audio interface, especially if you plan on using the looper as I do.
    Great product which has radically changed the way I record and create music, in a much more fluent and FUN way. :bow
    The only drawback is that it doesn't have a DUMBLE OVERDRIVE SPECIAL amp model :crazyguy, but for that I'm using an ETHOS overdrive pedal, up until the point the guys at Native Instrument wake up, and realize that developing THAT ONE amp model would make the sales of GUITAR RIG 3 skyrocket :BOUNCE

7. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

Of GUITAR RIG 3 ?

8. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Yes -- I purchased it last night --- have not fired it up yet.

I am looking to set up a Wet/dry setup using Guitar Rig and my tube amp.

I plan on running my tube amp through the PA and blending with GR3.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  9. jammybastard

jammybastard "I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."

I use Guitar Rig 3 and have no latency issues. Granted I'm using Reaper, when I use PTLE I definitely have latency though it minimal. Switch over to "low latency" mode and it pretty much disappears.