Guitar Rig Clips?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by lowendgenerator, Aug 23, 2006.

1. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator Member

How sweet of a sound can you get from Guitar Rig? Everyone always talks patches and settings, I'd love to hear some examples of what people are doing with this program. If my soundclick account is still active, I'll try to get something up with some of my favorites.

2. adamquek

adamquek Member

Ask and you shall recieve :)

I stopped using guitar rig the day my PodXT Live arrived, it was just alot more convenient. But back in the day..

Here's a clip of a cover of Metallica's Orion I did with guitar rig

http://members.iinet.net.au/~adamquek/otest5.wav.mp3

3. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

Hi LEG, I use Guitar Rig 2 with acceptable results. Just I have to quote about the importance of a good guitar input signal, the best it is...the best you´ll get from GR, I use a liitle but effective preamp, the Bluetube from PreSonus, it match instruments impedance perfectly with my M-audio delta 66 audiocard bringing the strongest full bodied and pure tone, of course you are free at choice any brand/model of preamp you like. Using GR also imply sometimes some serious tweaking in order to get what you want, sometimes I get a great patch with little effort, but because of the near to infinite palette of possibilities in GR2 that can last forever, you can explore presets and modify them with the basic of your sound on mind as a start point for saving tweaking time. I also use Amplitube (v.1x) and GTR from Waves (very good too), just Guitar Rig give me more chances getting I want. What I think is most annoying about guitar stuff software emulation is certain unpleasant high frequency content added at top and high middle of the guitar sound, but after of some time with experimentation and tweaking you will get good and believable tones. I also use sometimes some add EQ before GR, sometimes it improve or help to make up the original guitar sound,also I record my own clips in the rack loop player for compare it with the ones in the reference sounds bundled with GR. Lastly but not less important, try to use 24 bits and at least 48 khz in your host audio sequencer, I note a serious lack of definition at 16bit/44.1 khz rates. I use Cubase SX and Nuendo and with my Delta card it give 3 ms. of latency, enough to me for a confortable musical playing in real time and on the fly tweaking.

GOOD LUCK!