• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Guitar Rooms...need ideas and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdisciplex

I dont have bass,drums or recording gear but i do have a mini fridge, some red walls, flatscreen tv, alienware laptop and soon will have a 27in imac, a few guitars and amps and a couch i hate. overall its a good place to hang with friends. I have a bunch of other guitars that are in their cases but i rotate them every month so all of them get played.
Couple people pm'd me about where i got the skull pillows, they came from target but it was a year ago and i dont think they sell them anymore.

Man, I'm in a 3BR apt in NYC. Takes me 15 minutes to set anything meaningful up. Really just practice/play with a Korg Pandora headphone amp these days, so rehearsals and actual gigs are the only time I'm at any volume.

If/when we move out of Manhattan, first priority is a music room/man cave/office for me. Second priority is a two-car heated garage so I can work on the bike, the old British sports car and the '63-'65 Buick Riviera I'm gonna buy. (That, or a slab-sided Lincoln suicide-door convertible.) Then comes indoor plumbing....

JimmyB

Gold Supporting Member
If/when we move out of Manhattan, first priority is a music room/man cave/office for me. Second priority is a two-car heated garage so I can work on the bike, the old British sports car and the '63-'65 Buick Riviera I'm gonna buy. (That, or a slab-sided Lincoln suicide-door convertible.) Then comes indoor plumbing....
I admire a man who has his priorities in order. :aok

SurfGreenTele

Just got shelves to keep things off the ground and a little more organized at least. My old apartment flooded once so I'm always a little paranoid leaving everything on the floor.

epluribus

Nice! Simple, effective, organized, and very accessible. Plus there's just something so much fun about the lumber...dunno what it is but I love that sorta carpenter-practical thing. Simple and usable are such important features...I suspect that gear will all get played a lot cuz it all has a good place to go.

Bet those amps sound pretty mean in those shelves too...

--Ray

stompk

this thread is AWESOME! I've finally convinced my wife that it COULD be worse! she's almost thinking I'm normal now.

stompk

Mmm.... I think I would. ;)

While I'm here, here's an updated photo of my main storage area...:D
as someone who had to save for 10 months for my last guitar, I wish you well and hope you have a good life. (and in no way hope you die in a fire).

SurfGreenTele

Nice! Simple, effective, organized, and very accessible. Plus there's just something so much fun about the lumber...dunno what it is but I love that sorta carpenter-practical thing. Simple and usable are such important features...I suspect that gear will all get played a lot cuz it all has a good place to go.

Bet those amps sound pretty mean in those shelves too...

--Ray
Thanks a lot Ray! I really like the unfinished look too. $29 total @ Walmart :D I did notice a big improvement with the amps up at that level, the laminate floors have too much vibration. I don't like my amps too high up or pointed at my face, but this is perfect.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
When my wife and I were shopping for house, I went out with our realtor came across an old "farmhouse" built in the mid 1840's. The house also has a detached 2-story, 2-car garage. The house needed all kinds of minor interior renovations and, I thought "there is way too much work that needs to be done in this house to warrant buying it". I'm very handy and, a plumber by trade so, this always equates to me doing everything except electrical and major framing.

Then I went out to the garage (built in 1978) and, 20 minutes later called my wife and said "Honey, I think I just found our house!". We bought it.

The garage was only used for storage by the previous homeowners with no windows, insulation, sheetrock, etc. I immediately rented a excavating machine, dug up the driveway and brought water, gas, electric, phone and cable to the garage (driveway is about 125' from the street utilities).

Now, the garage (man cave) is fitted with central air and heat.

My advice to all you guys who want a garage- detached is better, especially if you have a wife and kids!

SurfGreenTele

I immediately rented a excavating machine, dug up the driveway and brought water, gas, electric, phone and cable to the garage (driveway is about 125' from the street utilities).

Now, the garage (man cave) is fitted with central air and heat.

My advice to all you guys who want a garage- detached is better, especially if you have a wife and kids!
And the family hasn't seen you since.:D

KidArchitect

Amazing thread.

Some truly inspiring spaces!

Definitely want to tidy mine up now - maybe re-do some of my wall panels and ceiling panels. If I ever get around to it, I'll post up some photos.

zastruga

My advice is to cram as much stuff in as possible :D

(Posted these in another thread, but seemed more apt here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics