Guitar shops in Nashville

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MrMunky, Jan 30, 2008.

1. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

Any recommendations?

2. tj1004

tj1004 Member

depends on what you're looking for.....there's Gruhns Guitars, Corner Music, Cotten Music, Rock Block, Chambers Guitars, Guitar Center, Sam Ash...Im sure Im missing one or two

3. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

The only store that I will buy local is GC. If you want to buy guitars, contact www.makenmusic.com and ask for Teddy. That store is outside of Chicago IL. I buy most of my equipment from them and you will get great customer service.
    Guitar Heaven in Murfreesboro TN is a pretty good place to buy from. Mark the owner is a nice guy. :D:JAM

4. rastus

rastus Member

King Bee Guitars in Arrington TN, Gruhns, Corner, make sure and visit Steve at Rock Block-If you are here on Feb 9th and 10th, make sure and go to the 4 Amigos guitar show at the Factory in Franklin (south of Nashville about 30 minutes) I'll be there with a friend at his booth, and the exhibition space is close to sold out! Will be an AWESOME show, my bud's booth will have over 20 sweet axes FS. Not sure if Chambers is closed have not been there in a long time. Also motorcitychick is correct about something. The Guitar Center in Nashville is an awesome one, ask for Chad-he da man!

5. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I'll be there this weekend and want to poke around. My favorite places are small shops that tend to have a decent selection of used electrics & effects, but those types of places are getting harder to find.

I know of good places to get guitars elsewhere, I just want some recommendations for Nashville while I'm there.

6. NatDeroxL7

NatDeroxL7 Member

Yeah it's toast, not even sure what happened.

7. rastus

rastus Member

I think it was a combination of really high overhead, internet competition, and that Joe's prices made me think that he must have thought every guitar in the store was constructed from gold and pure uncut coke! J/K