Guitar shops in Osaka Japan?

zarl

I'm heading to Osaka next week. Anyone know of good guitar shops worth visiting while there? I plan to check out Ishibashi -- they look to carry a good inventory of interesting used and new guitars. Also planning to stop at the ESP Custom Shop store. I've been to Tokyo where there's a couple city blocks of music shops, including Ishibashi, Big Boss, and other major chains. Wondering if there's a similar area in Osaka.

ToneLounge

Designer / Developer
Gold Supporting Member
Miki is in Osaka and normally has a nice selection of interesting things...

kristianlr

I know you've specifically asked for stores in Osaka, but Ochanomizu in Tokyo is a must - quite literally a guitar town. I think that might be what you're referring to..

Going off on a massive tangent - I would also highly suggest a visit to Time Bomb records in Osaka for music lovers in general.

zarl

Miki is in Osaka and normally has a nice selection of interesting things...
Cool, thanks for the tip. Miki Gakki looks to be good one to check out. Close to Ishibashi too. Maybe that area is the guitar shopping district?

I know you've specifically asked for stores in Osaka, but Ochanomizu in Tokyo is a must - quite literally a guitar town. I think that might be what you're referring to..
Yup, Ochanomizu was it. Some amazing stuff I've found there! Crazy amount of vintage Gibson and Fender stufff, plus Japan market stuff that was pretty cool. Hoping to find the same kind of area in Osaka.

cmstrat

Ishibashi has two branches in Osaka at 5F Nu-Chayamachi, 10-12, Chayamachi, Kita-ku (this is bigger and closer to the center), or 1F,2F AH-Midoshimizumachi Bldg, 1-9-13, Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka. A short distance by train and you can vist also the Kobe branch in Sannomiya: Center Plaza 3F, 1-9-1-301, Sannomiyacho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi

zarl

Ishibashi has two branches in Osaka at 5F Nu-Chayamachi, 10-12, Chayamachi, Kita-ku (this is bigger and closer to the center), or 1F,2F AH-Midoshimizumachi Bldg, 1-9-13, Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka. A short distance by train and you can vist also the Kobe branch in Sannomiya: Center Plaza 3F, 1-9-1-301, Sannomiyacho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi

Thanks for the tip on this. I didn't realize there were two shops -- Umeda and Shinsaibashi. Looks like the Umeda shop is near the ESP Custom Shop, so that'll be one stop. Then the Shinsaibashi one is close to Miki, so that's another destination. I might stop in Kobe to check out the Castle and some other sights - may stop at that shop too. I'll post what I find there next week.

cmstrat

Thanks for the tip on this. I didn't realize there were two shops -- Umeda and Shinsaibashi. Looks like the Umeda shop is near the ESP Custom Shop, so that'll be one stop. Then the Shinsaibashi one is close to Miki, so that's another destination. I might stop in Kobe to check out the Castle and some other sights - may stop at that shop too. I'll post what I find there next week.
Got my second hand Clapton strat in Ishibashi in Kobe, I would suggest you start looking at their massive second hand online shop, you can select items from the branches you are going to visit. Bought also a Boss ME50 a while ago, in the middle of Japanese holidays period, ordered on line from one branch in Tokyo in the evening and received in the morning of the following day in Kobe, paid in cash to the delivery guy.

Carmine

zarl

Guitar shops in Osaka are awesome! Posted a couple photos after geeking out on some modeling gear over on the Digital forum
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...itive-grid-in-one-trip.1778838/#post-23242203

I'll post a few here shortly on some of the cool guitars I found.

And this was just the modeling section. They had just about every current production model of Fender and Gibson in every color and configuration there, and nice selection of custom shop stuff too. Then there were some really cool Japan market only guitars. One shop was four floors of gear. 50s/60s Strats and les Pauls. Waaaaayyy too much to take in all at once!

For anyone traveling that way, the area with four stores (Mike Gakki, Ikebe, ishibashi, Music Land) is here:

Dropped Pin
near 1 Chome-6-26 Nishishinsaibashi, Chūō-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 542-0086, Japan
https://goo.gl/maps/krEFwMX8mku

morgan918

Punting this one as I'm going to Osaka in a few weeks and wondering about looking for vintage pedals...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom