Guitar shops near North Conway, NH?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Wedge, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Wedge

Wedge Supporting Member

Vacation next week.....any where that is a must see, guitar wise?

2. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

If you have money to spend arrange to see Mark's Guitar Loft in Lee, NH. I do not know of any in the Conway/White Mts area. There used to be Louis Catello's in Berlin, NH, but it ain't what it used to be.

3. jcv

jcv Member

you also might want to check out Vintage Fret Shop in Ashland. It's not too far of a drive and it's a really cool store. From there, drive to Bristol and have dinner at BHOP (Bristol house Of Pizza) - awesome place to eat... their baked ziti rules!

4. cowboytim

cowboytim Member

You'll be near the Maine border, google Fryburg ME and Bridgton ME. The closest good guitar place maybe Portland ME.....that's an hour plus away....but those Yankee Luthier's up east might be some of the best.
    Great Luck......I helped build the Sharoton Hotel in N. Conway.

5. swa

swa Member

None that I know of,
    Mark's is about an hour south, it might make sense to stop by on your way up, I think I read that he was appointment only these days, but I may be mistaken. The place in Ashland is nice, but a bit out of the way. They usually have their inventory online, I'd suggest checking it out before making the trip. If you are coming from western CT there is a great shop in Keane. Nothing else that I can think of that is within a 2 hour drive, Keane is probably more like 3.

6. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

I haven't been there, but Main Street Music in Lancaster, NH looks to have some cool stuff. It's not too far north from North Conway, probably less than an hour.

Also, Friendly River Music in Cornish, Maine is about 45 minutes away and worth the trip. I got my first guitar there 30 years ago. It's right in the guy's barn, and he has some very cool vintage gear. Prices are all over the map...some stuff is way overpriced, but you can also find some deals. He has a website but doesn't do eBay or internet stuff. Very old-fashioned and I love that. Tell him his cousin Matt sent you.

7. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Retro music in Keene is a great place. When I head up to northern VT, it's right on the way. If you're coming from the south, it's only a couple miles off the highway.
    MD

8. JefeMaximo

JefeMaximo Huge Member Silver Supporting Member

If you are coming up 95/128 near Boston, The Music Emporium in Lexington is great. Pricey, but great.

9. Wedge

Wedge Supporting Member

Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it

10. JefeMaximo

JefeMaximo Huge Member Silver Supporting Member

Will you still be there on 3/2? Ronnie Earl will be just over the border in ME.

11. Wedge

Wedge Supporting Member

No, back home by then. Too bad, that would have been a good show!