1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guitar slide

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by AD, May 16, 2011.

1. AD

AD Supporting Member

I played with a really nice bottle slide this past weekend. Dark colored glass, the bag had a hand drawn pic of some one playing guitar.

Anyone know the name of the brand?

thx

2. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

3. AD

AD Supporting Member

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Maybe Delta Slides. Can you describe it? Is it blue or is it from a wine bottle? Delta makes some of the best out there and the drawing sounds familiar.

5. golfnutt67

golfnutt67 Member

6. AD

AD Supporting Member

Dark brownish colored bottle

7. drolling

drolling Member

YES THANKS! I got mine at a tiny store in a small town I was passing thru' many years ago - I'll be ordering a backup, for sure!

Pretty much exclusively using Diamond these days; a lead crystal jobbie, in fact.. just about the fanciest slide I've ever owned

BUT..
    Doc's slides are DA BOMB!
    And he and Ian at Diamond are good friends rather than competitors, which makes collecting both all the more fun

Thing about Rockymountain is that Doc's somehow managed to get all the TONE & FEEL you'd associate with a HUGE, HEAVY slide in a superlight-weight package. Fashioned from some kinda thin-walled ceramic, they play & sound like my tendonitis-inducing JimDunlop #228!!

If you love to slide & the bottleneck's practically fused to your pinky, you NEED to check BOTH these makers out

To the OP: Sorry I can't help, but thanks for starting this thread! Always looking for new slides too!!!

8. jboyjams

jboyjams Member

I just got one (Ultimate) this week from Diamond Bottleneck in the UK. They make them custom.
    Mine is dark green - lead crystal - sounds so warm and differnt from my Dunlop pyrex - fits perfectly by ring size and they also make different thickness. Looks like one I saw Bonnie Rait using.
    Excellent!

9. Diamond

Diamond Member

Hey guys! Thanks for the nice words about our slides ~ very much appreciated :)

The bottleneck with the hand-drawn guitarist pic on the bag is a Delta Slide (Original Delta Slider), but unfortunately Gerry Glombecki, bottleneck maker & a good friend sadly passed away suddenly around a year ago - although you may find stores with a few left in stock. Gerry & i shared many e-mails over the years regarding bottleneck slide making & he was always most helpful & kind.

Slide On!

Ian. (D.B's)

10. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Sorry to hear that. Is he the one that also made the Duane Allman repro coricidin slide or are there two Delta slide companies? I have a few of the Duane slides and the bottlenecks the OP was refering to and they are both great.

11. dudelove

dudelove Member

Ooh! Mine is dark green too! I'm loving my Ultimate slide.

[​IMG]