• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Guitar stand rubber

mango

All the rubber tubing on an old stand I have turned hard and started to crack,so I ripped it all off.

What's a good replacement material ?

I have some ideas but thought I'd ask and see if somebody thought of something I hadn't.

I have a couple of nitro finishes ,so nitro safe would be real cool,but not really a necessity .

I'm in the boonies so a hardware store or drug store solution would be great .

TIA

73Fender

Cotton t shirt or sock material is what I use on all my stands, I don't trust any to be nitro safe. Only problem is the cotton doesn't grip like rubber etc.

mango

Cotton t shirt or sock material is what I use on all my stands, I don't trust any to be nitro safe. Only problem is the cotton doesn't grip like rubber etc.

I know,I wrap any stand I'm going to put my nitro finishes on ,but,this stand now has nothing but metal,which is fine if I'm careful,sometimes I'm less than diligent though .:dunno

imograss

I had the same thing happen to an old double stand I have. I also work at an auto parts store and found that fuel line (new of course) fits perfectly and is much thicker than the old material.

73Fender

I have used pipe insulation. It has worked well.

Is that somewhat similar to the foam that Fender ships with some of their gig bags? If so that Fender foam packing has been known to cause issues on a new nitro finish. Seems like the perfect shape though, I'm always trying to get the cotton bits to stay on the stand.

Really I never had a problem with a stand, I did once manage to get paper stuck to the back of a nitro neck with a drop of CA glue..long story, a beer or three was involved.

Rhomco

Making UPS, FEDEX and USPS richer every day!
Gold Supporting Member
Leather shoe laces wrapped around the contact areas. leather & nitro go together like....... well....uh?
It works,
Rob

Ron Kirn

Vendor
be careful what ya use, some plastics, and rubber will eat Nitro like a group of teens attacking a pizza...

Ron Kirn

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Just get yourself a nice shiny new stand?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom