Guitar stores in Seattle

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by edwarddavis, Sep 20, 2008.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

hey I am going out there this week, any fun guitar stores or places to stop at .
    PLEASE !!!!:AOK

2. Clam

Clam Member

http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com/
    http://www.guitarville.com/
    http://www.tradingmusician.com/

Emerald City's probably the best shop I know of in Seattle proper. Guitar Maniacs in Tacoma used to carry some cool stuff- though I haven't been in there in a few years, I think it's still on St. Helen's street downtown. I'm sure i'm forgetting a couple key places- others will no doubt chime in. Have a good time in Jet City- looks like the weather's about to start sucking, unfortunately.

3. corn husk bag

corn husk bag Silver Supporting Member

4. gear_freak

gear_freak Supporting Member

Guitar Maniacs in Tacoma. Rick is a very cool person to deal with!!

5. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

+1!!!!!

Matt aka (TurtleDude) is no longer there.

6. PA Woody

PA Woody Member

For non-musical attractions, Hurricane Ridge on the Olympic Peninsula is well worth a day trip.
    Experience Music Project in downtown Seattle is pretty cool.

7. Tahitijack

Tahitijack Member

If you're in Seattle try..Dusty Strings in the Fremont District, which is just North of Downtown. Its in a funky area for walking, shopping, eating and drinking.

If you are on the Eastside (of Lake Washington) in Bellevue try Bellevue American Music. Next door is Magnolia Audio and Video.

8. gravy

gravy Member

emerald city guitars--well worth a visit!

9. Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates Member

Emerald City in Seattle- good selection new and vintage. Last time I was in there they had a '58 Les Paul. Cool stuff.

A# in Renton- a lot of REALLY nice stuff. Fender Custom Shop, PRS, Grosh, various custom builders. Also some "normal" brands- Fender and Godin come to mind. Also seems to be the best place to buy parts. Staff is knowledgeable and prices are good. If you're buying a new PRS in WA, do it here.

Guitar Maniacs in Tacoma- About half the store is their 'used' department. Good source of vintage Fender and Gibson, but the prices don't seem to be great. Fun to look though.

American Music in Bellevue- MASSIVE collection of gear including a ton of unusual Fenders and Gibsons. They also stock some odd stuff like Duesenberg and Composite Acoustics. I didn't really see anything used but their new selection is pretty out there so it's cool.

Guitar Center in Seattle- I know, it's a GC and those are evil, but this one's a flagship store so they get all the cool stuff. Saw used Hamer USA and G&Ls for great prices last time I was in there.

10. talpa

talpa Member

I'm headed to SEA and E.WA next week.

What clothing this time of year, any packing tips ?

Hope to hit EmCity at least. Still need a Murphy...who knows.

Tks -

11. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Supporting Member

I would hit Emerald City Guitars & Guitarville. If you are looking for acoustics, go to Guitar Emporium in Ballard or Dusty Strings in Fremont. Hey Talpa, even those of us that live here don't know what to expect from day to day this time of year. Could be 70 & sunny or 50, grey & rainy. Today looks to be the former. Bring light layers and pack a pair of shorts in case.

12. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Supporting Member

Ummm, okay, it was the early morning fake-out. Now, it looks like grey & 50's. The Trading Musician is pretty good too. Although, I would venture out to Guitarville first. If you have access to a car, that is.

13. muddyshoes

muddyshoes Member

lots of music stores. all over the west side. im on the coast

14. chucke99

chucke99 Member

+1 on Guitarville. They've got some killer vintage guitars in the back. Their staff is fantastic, too. Emerald City has a real '59 LP right now for sale. I don't know if they'd let you hold it, though. I can't really recommend GC (on Westlake) unless you need a box of strings or some picks.

On what to wear, well, welcome to Seattle in the Spring. It can be 65 degrees and sunny, 55 and cloudy, or 45 and raining. Two mornings ago, there was frost on my car when I went out to it at 6AM.

Weather.com says 55 and partly cloudy today. But one thing to know about Seattle is that conditions are very localized. It can be sunny in downtown and raining ten miles north.