1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guitar Suggestions...What am I looking for?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by timvanderlaan, Feb 15, 2009.

1. timvanderlaan

timvanderlaan Supporting Member

So, looking at picking up a new electric in the sub $1000 range. I am looking mainly at the 72 telecaster thinline becuase it has most of the features i am looking for:

Semi-Hollow body
    Maple fretboard
    String-Thru body bridge

Are there any other guitars out there that i should be looking at? I am pretty open pickup-wise, but i mainly like humbuckers and p-90s. Thanks.

2. rockstarjay

rockstarjay Member

You know what you want. Don't think too much on it. Buying a guitar is like getting a puupy from the pound. One gets your attention. Get that thinlne Tele and enjoy.

3. timvanderlaan

timvanderlaan Supporting Member

Beautiful tele - i am looking at picking up the exact same one. I have found 3 stores that still have NOS of the limited honey blonde run. Like i mentioned before, thats my top choice right now, but im wondering if there is anything out there that i haven't heard of yet that i might want to check out.

Thanks.

4. rockstarjay

rockstarjay Member

I'm sure there's some boutique knock off for twice the price that will forever leave you wishing you had got the real thing.

That's completely bad-ass. And I'm a Strat guy.

5. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

Besides fender though, im not aware of any companies (mainstream companies at least) that make semi-hollow guitars with maple fingerboards. i wish the thinlines had the same 2 vol/2 tone setup of the deluxe.

6. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

G&L Bluesboy is another take on that design. You may find a used on for that price.