• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Guitar Teacher for 6 y.o. West side L.A. needed

spaceman_spiff

Gold Supporting Member
A friend of mine inquired with me about a guitar teacher for her musical 6 y.o. son. He's very talented musically, but that's not too surprising, given his parents' musicality.

I haven't lived on the L.A. west side for quite a while, so I'm out of the loop, but I suggested she inquire at McCabe's as a start. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Carl

(mods: I've posted this in a couple of forums, to get best coverage.)

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry I don't have the name of a guitar teacher. I'd strongly encourage your friends to start their talented 6 year-old on piano for a year or two. The musical benefits are numerous but the other thing is that childhood musical pedagogy is much more together on piano than on guitar.

spaceman_spiff

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry I don't have the name of a guitar teacher. I'd strongly encourage your friends to start their talented 6 year-old on piano for a year or two. The musical benefits are numerous but the other thing is that childhood musical pedagogy is much more together on piano than on guitar.
This is excellent advice, which I have given her. She's taught him a little on piano, as mom is classically trained. But, she is not trying to push much and the boy requested guitar lessons.