• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Guitar Teacher for 6 y.o. West side L.A.

spaceman_spiff

Gold Supporting Member
A friend of mine inquired with me about a guitar teacher for her musical 6 y.o. son. He's very talented musically, but that's not too surprising, given his parents' musicality.

I haven't lived on the L.A. west side for quite a while, so I'm out of the loop, but I suggested she inquire at McCabe's as a start. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Carl

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
George Foster is a great teacher and does a lot of kids programs with music and bands.

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
It isn't in West LA - it's in Van Nuys, but the Join The Band music school is where my 7 yr old granddaughter gets guitar lessons. It's owned and run by John Mizenko, who gave my daughter music lessons about 25 yrs ago at Baxter Northup on Ventura Blvd. The school has about 200 students and all the teachers are degreed music professionals who are passionate about music and about teaching. Their emphasis is on, as soon as possible, working students into ensemble playing (thus the name of the school) and they have frequent concerts in local venues. I'm more than pleased with the work they've done so far with my granddaughter Madeline; besides just teaching her to play, she's learning to love to play.

Trending Topics