1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guitar Tech Help please

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gonepostaltwice, May 17, 2011.

1. gonepostaltwice

gonepostaltwice Member

I lent on my Gibson LP Special w/ p'90s out to my friend. When I got it back and plugged into my rig my neck pickup is super super bassy. So i look at the pickups and the screws/springs are all sorts of weird looking. I think the problem now is that the screws or springs aren't long enough to create enough tension to adjust anything. Is there a way to attach something to the bottom of the pup cavity or something like that?

2. bluesky636

bluesky636 Member

What? I have no idea what you are talking about. Did it work OK before you loaned it out? What did your friend do to it? Photos would help.

3. gonepostaltwice

gonepostaltwice Member

it worked just fine before i lent it out. my rig stayed the exact same minus the guitar. I got it back and now my neck pickup has just so much bass it rattles my amp in a very unpleasant way. and now when i try to adjust the pups from the screws on the top, they just spin instead of doing anything. hopefully that clarifies it. i'll get some pics later

4. jollygreen

jollygreen Member

Ask your "friend" what he did to your guitar.

That's why I don't lend guitars. Or guns. Or tools.

5. gonepostaltwice

gonepostaltwice Member

he said he "adjusted" it for his rig.... and then "adjusted" it back. no more loaned gear for him.

6. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

Loosen the strings, remove the pickups still in their rings, and reattach the screws to restore pickup height adjustment.
    Don't lend gear to idiots.

7. bluesky636

bluesky636 Member

:agree