• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Guitar tech in Detroit area

drmatty

can anyone recommend a good repair guy for some basic setup/maintenance in the Detroit area?

@Nubis2121 is looking for one, but not sure he posted in the right area.

Thanks!!

Whiplash17

There is a guy east of Lansing that I believe does guitar work. He has a YouTube channel called Starr Guitar Works. I've never had him do any work for me but I bought a guitar (Gibson) from him. From talking with him and watching some of his videos, he seems to know what he is doing. If I needed work done, I'd try to get in touch with him.

Nubis2121

Thanks much. I posted in the bass area, should've thought of that. Koontz pops up all over on yelp and others and John does a bit too. Much appreciated.

stahlhart

Silver Supporting Member
I've had good setup work done through Detroit Guitar in Birmingham -- not sure who they send the jobs to, though; not done on their premises.

don carney

Gold Supporting Member
Stu Simon in Warren. Send me a pm if you want his number. Guy at Berkley Music Shop is also very good.

Nubis2121

Thanks so much everyone. I feel a little ridiculous asking but it's such a personal thing. Not knowing guys myself kinda scary handing over my baby to strangers.

detroiter711

Thanks so much everyone. I feel a little ridiculous asking but it's such a personal thing. Not knowing guys myself kinda scary handing over my baby to strangers.
Tom Pellirito is awesome and one of the best. He is close to Ypsilanti. Greg at Rock City Music in Livonia also does a really good job on setups.

JiMB

Gabriel form Echopark Guitars is in Detroit now. Don't know if he's doing outside work, though.

mrsongbird

If you're out in the burbs, I highly recommend Mark Weninger in Rochester. Search Weninger Guitar Works.

xStonr

Gold Supporting Member
If you're up in the Waterford area, I've had good dealings with Scott who works out of Motor City Guitar and also Jeff an independent ( I forget his last name but do still have his number)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom