1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

guitar tech near St. Louis?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by trinian1, Sep 28, 2006.

1. trinian1

trinian1 Supporting Member

I have a friend who needs work done on some frets and I need a new nut for my acoustic. Any success stories with techs in/around St. Louis, MO or Springfield, IL? Thanks in advance.

2. fyler

fyler Member

i take my guitars to Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, IL. the tech that does their guitars does great work.

3. wgs1230

wgs1230 Fully Intonatable Silver Supporting Member

Jimmy Gravity (J. Gravity Strings in downtown StL) repaired the headstock on my RI 335, his work was flawless. I've seen the results of his rescue work on pre-WWI Martins & Gibsons, even an early Bennedetto and would trust him with anything I've got.

4. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Also, Steve at Eddies. Another fine tech. Many TGPers shop at Eddies. Ask around.

5. trinian1

trinian1 Supporting Member

Yeah, I actually just bought a G&L ASAT Classic Custom from Eddies. And I've been to Mojo's several times for minor purchases. I've not been to J. Gravity, though I've been meaning to check it out. Thanks again for the info. Keep the suggestions coming--that way I can check out several respectable places!

6. cffluntouch

cffluntouch Gold Supporting Member

I use Steve at Eddie's as well for my Gibsons. For my Fenders I prefer Skip Goez at Goez instrument repair which is down the street from Eddies.

7. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    This is new to me. Is he on Manchester or Sutton or some other street in the vicinity? Thanks.

8. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

John Higgins, the tech who handles the repairs through Killer Vintage (www.killervintage.com), is superb.

No offense meant to anyone else, but nobody touches my guitars except John.