Guitar that you want but is currently not made

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kojack19, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Kojack19

Kojack19 Silver Supporting Member

Hi all,

Thought I would throw this out there and feel free to leave suggestions or your own dream guitar.

While I know the early 80s were not the best of times for The Who, for whatever reason, I have always loved that black tele with the ebony binding that Pete played on the 82 tour.

I know that everyone copies fender but I wish that Fender would copy Schecter and make that guitar today. I know they have built similar guitars and that schecter still makes a PT but the original tele headstock on that guitar with perhaps a different/better humbucker has always been something I thought would be pretty cool.

I was 12 when that tour rolled into New York and The Who was my first concert. Maybe that explains this...

BTW, has anyone tried or is it even possible to build a partscaster with that Schecter body with a fender neck?

2. japhy

japhy Member

I've had a couple of them in the past . I think they are cool too . BTW the original pickups in those ( '80s ) sound great . no need to change them out .

3. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Yamaha Pacifica 1221 in yellow.

4. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Member

A production LP with a Floyd.

5. shawntp

shawntp Member

I played a Gibson Tennesean that was really sweet. I wish I could find a Gibson Country Gentleman (Tennesean with Bigsby/upgrades) but its not made and there dont seem to be too many.

The one I played was really cool and I loved the 25.5 scale on a Gibson (special to that model).

6. MrNick

MrNick Member

Fender Starcaster (the old ones not the new crapocasters)

7. Drew68

Drew68 Supporting Member

I've always thought the Gibson Spirit was a cool guitar. Yeah, I know a Les Paul doublecut will get me in the ballpark but it just isn't the same.

I also really liked those Fender Tele Juniors from the 1990s with set necks and P-90s.

8. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

The pickups were Schecter Super Rocks, designed by Tom Anderson who worked there at the time. It might be worth sending him an email and asking if he makes anything currently like them.

There are a million guitars I dream about that eventually either come around or someone tries them again in a really expensive model. Gibson finally started making 335's with the small block inlays again, I'd love to see them re release an ES 125 TDC with P90's.

I'd like to have a strat with a tele bridge pickup and a P90 neck pickup and some kind of quality tone circuit built in like a parametric EQ.

9. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

Aria Pro RS850 Rev Sound, the early version with the 6 on a side psuedo Strat headstock.

10. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

a Les Paul Signature ....but this time with an ABR

11. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

Fender coronado.

Actually, i'm pretty stoked that Harmony is making a comeback.

12. Maxer

Maxer Member

13. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

A Firebird with a good,usable trem bridge and 60's style pickups.My recent
    Firebird acquisition has been a revelation since I finally got my Antiquities
    installed.It's a beautiful looking and amazing sounding guitar that is effortless to play up and down the fret board.But I'm an old school Strat player and miss all the subtle inflections I can do with a strat trem.My bird is a VII which has the almost worthless Lyre trem.So build me something like that and I'll buy it.

14. drunkenguitar

drunkenguitar Supporting Member

I'm always on the lookout for those guitars. I own a '97 RI. I bought one off of ebay last year thinking that it would be as nice as my first one, but I never really bonded with it so I sold it the later on in the year.
    Its a shame that fender killed the electric line of Guild guitars. :(

15. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

A Modern Eagle singlecut trem with 2 vol and 2 tone controls.

16. Kappy

Kappy Member

A Klein, with or without the fanned frets. Rumor has it that they will start being made again, but until they do, they're going for more than I want to pay for one on ebay only.

17. bduersch

bduersch Member

Depending on how you look at it, either "sweet as hell" or "obnoxious as hell", but I'd vote for the Ibanez UV77MC...

[​IMG]

Always kicked myself for selling mine because I "wasn't playing enough 7-string", but regardless, it sounded great, was easy to play for a 7, and (love it or hate it) turned heads.

--B

18. amigo30

amigo30 Member

This is easy:

An Edwards LP-130 model, without the relicing. Plek it at the factory, and send it out the door with a Marshalhead in the bridge, a Godwood in the neck. Put an RS-kit in it.
    Give it a great rosewood or ebony fretboard, with trap inlays (none on the 1st fret). Offer it in some cool colors and give it speed knobs. Maybe give it a cool headstock inlay. Finish it with nitro. Sell it to me for $1300 bucks or less with a good case.

Where do I place my order?

19. Redbell

Redbell Member

Great Thread Idea!

20. sqadan

sqadan Member

You stole my answer! I want one of those too! :jo