Guitar Vault Cases

MKeditor

Being this forum is vast, I was surprised to find a void on the subject of road cases designed to carry several guitars aka a guitar vault. There was only one thread from 2012 with no resposes. So let's get this one rolling.

There are loads of companies who make guitar vaults but you can count on one hand the cases that are designed well.

The top contenders I found are A&S, Brady Cases, Mental Case and Ultracase. The later is the most well known with their outdoor carpet covered vaults. Unfortunately big cases are expensive so I wrestled with the cost since I'm not a touring musician but decided to go for it. I went with a vault from Mentalcase. I felt it was the most bang for the buck in design and materials. At the time it was about a grand less tha Ultracase.

My only regret was not having power and lighting installed. That was in 2012. The last four years I've enjoy the vault and really happy with my purchase. One feature I missed from the Ultracase wss the cascading foam bottom that keeps guitars more in place compaired to the flat bottom of the Mentalcase. I was able to have a local foam company cut memory foam that I glued together and covered with the black fuzzy fabric. It looks seemless wit the case and made a huge difference in how secure the guitars sit. During the Christmas break I'm finally installing power and lights. I'll post a pic soon.

Anyone else on the forum have a guitar vault?

RRfireblade

Probably not too many of us with them as there probably are not too many of us with a staff of Roadies to haul them around. Lol. :)

MKeditor

It's actually a space issue in my music room codename the batcave. I don't have room for all the guitars to be out and the cases too. The vault takes up the same footprint as the cases. I stack the cases on top. This allows the guitars to be available to be auditioned for various parts or songs.

Nebakanezer

I did a quick YouTube search and couldn't find anything, she do any of the companies have videos of knocking over these vault cases loaded and showing the results? Just curious

tschelle668

Gold Supporting Member
How many guitars does that Mental Case that you have hold? And do you know if Explorers, Flying Vs, and Thunderbirds fit in it properly? I'd love to have something like that. The Roadrunner and Fender folding cases that I have kind of suck a little.

JPIndustrie

Silver Supporting Member
So awesome ... always saw them on the big touring rigs ...

One of those 'if I had so much cash to burn' things ...

Digidog

It's ambitious and clever, to have a touring case as guitar storage at home. It also looks rock-star!

How is climate tolerance in a case like that, compared to a regular hard case?

MKeditor

How many guitars does that Mental Case that you have hold? And do you know if Explorers, Flying Vs, and Thunderbirds fit in it properly? I'd love to have something like that. The Roadrunner and Fender folding cases that I have kind of suck a little.
Mine holds up to eight. The average is 10. They've custom cases so they're made to accommodate the customer. They can hold all kinds of shapes.

MKeditor

It's ambitious and clever, to have a touring case as guitar storage at home. It also looks rock-star!

How is climate tolerance in a case like that, compared to a regular hard case?
Thanks. I love the thing.

I never put the lid on so it's the climate of the room.

Last edited:

Trending Topics