• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Guitar Wing!!!

remixthewar

Check it!

I should have a prototype by the end of NAMM! Can't wait to try it with my AXE 2 and report back!

slugworth

Very interesting. I'm probably not in the target audience for this, since I just like my guitars to sound like guitars, but the possibilities seem endless.

remixthewar

It sounds horrible!
no sounds come from it, it is just a controller. having said that, moldover is not one of my favorite anythings, but he is pretty creative when its comes to electronics as are the guys from LIVID (which are great). I can see a lot of potential for expression when hooked up to anything that excepts midi.

Imagine this with using a tripple play (axon in my case) or with the AXE/KEMPER/any modeler really. Could be the tits!

Bluetooth, I'm guessing? How would you wirelessly integrate this with something like an Axe-Fx, KPA, HD, or other non-computer based effects unit?

eriwebnerr

That has a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this type of thing integrated into some guitars in the future. Remember the young developer who created an app and taped his iPhone to his guitar so it could control midi on his Axe FX? This seems like an updated / refined version of that concept.

Can't wait to see older guitarists doing pelvic thrusts on stage trying to control an effect parameter with the built in gyroscope. Sweet. But I do want to see a demo of Little Wing using the Guitar Wing played by Earth, Wing, and Fire while I eat a chicken thigh ... wait

remixthewar

Bluetooth, I'm guessing? How would you wirelessly integrate this with something like an Axe-Fx, KPA, HD, or other non-computer based effects unit?
Ya, its bluetooth. I actually talked with Travis about it...the potential to incorporate a pedal with midi that will relay cc/pc/note messages instead of having to rely on a computer. still, pretty sweet!!

remixthewar

I guess I don't get one thing... do they want you to donate money to this project?
ya, I think ultimately they want to know how many guitar players would be interested in this and seeing as it is a bit of a risk for them financially, considering they mainly build controllers for edm/visuals...a guitar centric product is something new.

remixthewar

Wasn't this thread in digital and modeling area? Why'd it get moved... ???
ya, what gives...i would think this would be very impertinent to modeling/DIGITAL technology as it is another form of control, especially over software instruments. Maybe because LIVID isn't well known in the guitar community. Either way, I have confirmed with my boy who works there and I will get one of these soon to beta test=) cant wait!

coxswain

So will this be able to control a midi based pedal board using something like an RJM Mini effects gizmo or musicomlab mkiii? I'm paraplegic so I can't use a standard pedal board. This could be my ticket for controlling a pedal switcher. Will this be possible?

meofcourse

I received one of these about a month ago. It comes with a dongle (I'm guessing bluetooth) so will only integrate through a computer. The build quality is excellent and it's a very welcome addition. I've got mine controlling 5 virtual whammy pedals set at different pitches and also mapped many other things to it (switching effects on and off, controlling delay time and feedback).

The MIDI is well implemented but I struggled with finding something sensible to map the controls on my Mac. I ended up using Mainstage (£20) which is a modelling, effects, looping and synth dream. I'm using it with MIDI bass pedals and a Behringer FCB floorboard.

It was worth every penny, it's not a replacement for a floorboard, it's an additional control surface that lets you do the same and more than a floorboard. It's staying.

jcalama

I've got mine for sale in the emporium...it really is all that the previous poster says it is. My economics require a sale at this time unfortunately.

meofcourse

Thanks for posting that. I was unaware that Kenton were still going and that a device like that existed. Very useful and thanks to 'class compliant' drivers

Top Bottom