1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guitar World Demos

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by fritferret, May 20, 2011.

1. fritferret

fritferret Member

How do they manage to make everything sound SO terrible? I'm really want to know. Is there a reason why their demos sound the way they do? The players are good players, but the tone is just wrong--like there is a problem w/ the gear. a lot of stuff they demo i would return if it sounded that way, because i would be sure the product is defective some how. and why can't they hear it that the demo sounds bad?

anyway, any thougts?

2. hubberjub

hubberjub Silver Supporting Member

I'm not a fan of their demos. Paul doesn't seem like a bad guitarist, he just doesn't seem versatile enough to cover the variety of gear they're sent. GW doesn't really do reviews either. They're more of spotlights. It's advertising for the company.

3. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

I guess they don't listen back to their own demos!!

4. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Member

Well said. Promotional/fluff pieces for the gear. Not every piece of gear he plays can be the greatest most amazing piece of gear that he recommends you getting (buying).

5. Phalanx200bc

Phalanx200bc Member

These Demo's are just multimedia ad's....... I've never heard nary a word in effect saying anythting might be mediocre....not good....ok but there is better....and so on.

6. TFC

TFC Supporting Member

I'm always impressed with how every piece of gear makes you sound like Van Halen.