• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Guitar World

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
without Tolinski's face on the editor page it just feels weird.

That is all

ELmiguel

I miss Guitar Player magazine before Michael Molenda became editor and turned it into "a buy an ad space in our mag and we'll give you're product a rave review". And mainly interviews artists he likes and/or are friends of his.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
It does and they all do feel much more like a shill mag than they used too.

Or maybe not. I wanted 90% of what I used to see in those mags now maybe I am older and know better but very little of it seems like I gotta have it.

Maybe I outgrew the chase of items but the delivery seems much less palatable these days.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I miss Guitar Player magazine before Michael Molenda became editor and turned it into "a buy an ad space in our mag and we'll give you're product a rave review". And mainly interviews artists he likes and/or are friends of his.
People were making that claim for decades before Molenda came on board.

I never heard from someone who used to work there who said "Oh yeah, the line between editorial and sales was regularly breached".

And the old GP crew (the Mulhern/Obrecht/Forte/etc. years) were also pretty chummy with many of their interviews. I don't see that as a problem of itself.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Jeff Kitts.

He seems like a good enough guy. Taste is favorite solos is pretty good. I hope he is the best ever just feels funny with Brad not being THE GUY.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
I am not in any way against good change and Kitts may be awesome just a long standing thing being replaced makes for a strange new mag day.

Oh well most folks don't even look at that page of a magazine. I just like the format better than an Internet thing and feel a cozy warmth when things are on paper. I am just an old 40 year old.

thecornman

I have not bought Guitar world for years! Don't really understand why it costs so much either when I can buy Premier Guitar for a few bucks less and get a better magazine.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
I have been letting all my subscriptions lapse. Just not worth the time to read these days. I would rather read biographies or play guitar.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
I have been letting all my subscriptions lapse. Just not worth the time to read these days. I would rather read biographies or play guitar.

shane8

i rarely even flip thru a guitar mag @ the newsagents these days

they seem to cover the same thing over & over & i could care less how player X gets his epik toanz on a rig i'm never gonna buy

disclaimer - i'm a grumpy old fart

micycle

And I long for the old days of Guitar for the Practicing Musician. I loved that mag.
GFTPM was literally 'The Gear Page' for me from '85-'90.
Likewise - I still have most of my issues and thumb through them from time to time, what a great magazine!

I recently subscribed to Premier Guitar & Guitar World, what a snoozefest. Good bathroom reading and that's about it. I'd rather read about players than new gear.