• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Guitarampsusa.com or Ceriatone? Update. Just placed an order.

KRN123060

Gold Supporting Member
I think I have seen this discussion before but I am curious. Is either source better than the other? I am not looking for anything over the stock offering so which one is the way to go? Or is it pretty much the same?

chumbucket

Silver Supporting Member
Regardless of which one you choose, you aren't going to get an amp for a long time. Projected delivery dates are vastly underestimated.

KRN123060

Gold Supporting Member
I am pretty much resigned to that delivery time thing. But I am in no hurry so it's all good. However I assume you have to pay the full price upfront as opposed to a deposit.

Reactions: YYZ

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
If going with a standard flavor, I think head to head you save a little cash with guitarampsusa. I think they get a better shipping rate. No difference in accessibility, service or delivery times.

Not all models have the same delivery waits. For example, I think the lunchbox amps have shorter delivery times.

MissoulaGriz

Ordered mine through guitaramsusa and it was a great experience. The wait sucks but that just makes delivery day so much sweeter! It’s absolutely worth the wait.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
Not enough used amps on the market?!
tough to find used Ceriatone popular Marshall/hot-rodded M style amps anywhere. I was debating selling my KK50 since the market is hot. But think I’m going to hang into it. Coolest channel switcher I have ever owned.

KRN123060

Gold Supporting Member
Sirloin hit the nail on the head. I wanted a Yeti and just haven't seen any used recently. The only one I found had been messed with. No thanks. I will just wait. I feel better with a fresh from the maker amp.

Goldie Glocks

I just placed an order with Nik at Ceriatone for a KK 100 but it is not stock. I'm looking at 8 months or so. You do not pay in full upfront. He asks for 3 payments.

I ordered my Chupacabra 50 on January 9th 2021 and still am being told they are starting it soon. So I'm on month 11 now...

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
I got an order in mid June for a Chupa 50 and got an estimate for 24-28 weeks wait time. Appears to be getting worse now. Oh well, it was only 1/3 down not full price.

In regards to shipping I've heard people say you can save a little money going through guitarampsusa, but I just started an email with Nik and ended up doing my order direct through his shop.

Dan Desy

Gold Supporting Member
I got an order in mid June for a Chupa 50 and got an estimate for 24-28 weeks wait time. Appears to be getting worse now. Oh well, it was only 1/3 down not full price.

In regards to shipping I've heard people say you can save a little money going through guitarampsusa, but I just started an email with Nik and ended up doing my order direct through his shop.
I was going that way too, but then I saw guitarampusa has free shipping (at least on the amp I’m looking at). Which makes a significant difference.

I just wonder if the wait time is the same..,

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
I was going that way too, but then I saw guitarampusa has free shipping (at least on the amp I’m looking at). Which makes a significant difference.

I just wonder if the wait time is the same..,

Not sure, but I'll wait it out vs buying used off Reverb or Ebay. I'm always suspicious it might be DIY kit.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom