• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Guitarist seeking drum info Ride/Crash

Funky54

I've had lots and lots of small drum kits over the years. Just to keep around for practice and such. Sometimes they are gigged with. Currently I have a 20x14 bass 4 piece 60 MIJ kit.

I'm trying to outfit it dirt cheap. So budget is "as low as acceptable"

It's not my responsibility to provide drums for a drummer, it's a convenience thing. So I don't care if I'm skimping on quality some.

Ok, question, in the past I've always used heavy 20" rides. But for economy of size and investment, can an 18" cymbal do the trick? Is there such thing as a 18" ride that's not a crash? Do they sound a lot different?

I play rock and rock only. From Wilson Picket, Otis Redding to Thin Lizzy, Muse.

Suggestions?