Guitars made overseas are killing it right now...

maco

SN cv.jpg Here is one of my 3 CV Strats MIC. All nicely made guitars. Used 2008-2018 CVS can be had 250. to 400. I just sold my MI Indonesia VM surf caster that comes with the same size neck and lipstick PUs that were great. I need to get another one when it comes by.

FuzHarmonic

Here are 6 all made in Japan. These ESPs are the best guitars I have ever owned and I am old as ****kk.

Even the Ibanez RG620 QM plays as well or better than my American made guitars. I paid about $600 for it.

The E-II Horizon I paid about $1,100. The LTD was only $280 here in Bali and it was actually made here in Indonesia. The LTD plays as well as my Gibson, but the hardware on it is pretty cheap. Still, it cost $280 and plays incredible and sounds good with the EMG 81.

View attachment 590198
View attachment 590213

I'm also in Indonesia and am on the lookout for an ESP flying V. That cream one is especially sweet.

Did you find these locally or have them imported? I visited every guitar store in Denpasar last January and it was pretty slim pickings. I'll be looking around in Jakarta too.

PRW

Used imports are difficult to sell.

:bong

Everyone doesn’t have perpetual GAS, some of us find something and are satisfied with it and don’t immediately start thinking about resale value the second we take a guitar out of the case at home.

UncleJesse

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Eastman T486 that, workmanship-wise, is virtually indistinguishable from my MIA Les Paul. I also have a PRS SE Hollowbody II that's fantastic. I have a lot of great MIA guitars but a good guitar is a good guitar regardless of where it's made.

Mindcrime

Silver Supporting Member
Used imports are difficult to sell.

:bong

That's not entirely true....I've seen Schecter Diamond Series Nick Johnston models disappear from TGP emporium within 48 hours after being posted. I'm pretty sure the same would happen with Harley Benton, Sire, certain Yamaha Pacifica models and the new Ibanez AZ Essential models.

aynirar27

Meka Hiney Ho
Platinum Supporting Member
I imagine when most people say something is priced high for being overseas, it’s not because they think they can’t make quality guitars, it’s because they know the cost to make it was probably a fraction of what it would have been in the US.

That is all, keep it moving

Nojopar

Let me start off saying that I looooove my Suhr Modern and PRS Core Custom 22, but I recently got this PRS SE Hollwbody II with Piezo and it absolutely kills. It was made in China and I'm blown away by the amount of guitar you get for the cash.

Literally the only thing keeping me from grabbing up one of those PRS SE's is the wrap around tail. I just prefer a stop tail. I like the intonation control better and I greatly prefer to the aesthetic of a stop tail. Dumb reason, but a reason none the less. That's what keeps me looking at the S2s, despite the fact they're like 3x the price... well that and I strongly prefer chrome covered pickups, but I can switch out pickups.

dreamspace

Seems to me like a lot of the overseas "second tier" lines are slowly but surely replacing the older premium lines? Not in the sense that the premium lines are disappearing, but rather making those even more expensive and exclusive.

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
I have a beautiful Squier Telecaster Deluxe that was made in Indonesia. The quality is on par with Fender Mexican models.

sergiodeblanc

Yep I see the SE hollowbodies are coming from China. Thanks for straightening me out. I was only aware of the Indonesian and SK models.
No worries.

What’s interesting is that there was also a line of SE’s that were MIC for awhile, but only available for sale in China.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom