Guitars made overseas are killing it right now...

redcrimson96

These threads about Americans being amazed that "foreign" people know how to put effort in putting things together and have pride in their work. Also multiple threads about Gibson's sloppy workmanship. Keep learning everybody.
American Exceptionalism.

EasTXan

My 2006 Chinese Ibanez looks better than the garbage coming out of the US shop in the eastern side of the country these days. The last two MIK guitars I've owned were exceptional as well.

jazzkritter

Gold Supporting Member
My Indo Ibanez AF95FM hollow body, es at a 690$ price point, smokes anything 3-4x price in quality of finish, playability and sound. And since that ‘eastern side of the country’ builder has decided to not make hollow bodies (except for 10K$ artist models) it makes the Ibanez hollows even sweeter. The MIJ Ibanez hollows are nothing short of perfect.
IMHO)
jk

Taterdaddy

Recently played a Squier jaguar,and was definitely impressed with the quality,GC was selling a blue one for 400 bucks brand new,when I went back to get it of course it was gone.I just wonder if all models have the same build quality as that one did?
I've got that same model, and it's honestly amazing, and not just for the price, as far as fit and finish.

mystixboi

Silver Supporting Member
If you're not American the entire premise of threads like these are somewhat condescending.
Well, there’s huge portion of the population in America that think guitars made overseas are inferior so I wanted to use this thread to showcase just how fantastic guitars made overseas can be.

peskypesky

They’re asking China to produce better quality instruments and it’s amazing somehow Chinese people are capable of woodworking and machining. Who knew non Americans could do that?

I think the poster was surprised about the cost, because Chinese labor is significantly less expensive than US labor.

That being said, Chinese labor cost is increasing far faster than in the US. This is why factories are now moving to Indonesia, Vietnam and other countries.

Sila042

Well, there’s huge portion of the population in America that think guitars made overseas are inferior so I wanted to use this thread to showcase just how fantastic guitars made overseas can be.
MiJ guitars have been popular since I started playing in 1989. Not sure where you think Americans think overseas guiitars are bad.

peskypesky

As an American, I agree with your intent, but a quick and easy fix would be to change the thread title to "Guitars made in Asia are killing it".

Oh, btw, even using the term "American" to refer to citizens of the USA is quasi-offensive, as there are around 21 other countries in North, Central and South America.

peskypesky

MiJ guitars have been popular since I started playing in 1989. Not sure where you think Americans think overseas guiitars are bad.
If you spend enough time on guitar forums, you will see a lot of people who think only USA-made guitars are high quality. These people are almost always citizens of the USA.

aquanaut

Resale is difficult if you decide to. Demand is low due to the fact they are "imported" and "cheaper" to begin with and therefore must be inferior. People who want this type guitar usually just buy a new one.

LikeLinus

As an American, I agree with your intent, but a quick and easy fix would be to change the thread title to "Guitars made in Asia are killing it".

Oh, btw, even using the term "American" to refer to citizens of the USA is quasi-offensive, as there are around 21 other countries in North, Central and South America.
Aren't they called Canadians and Latinos, or Latin Americans (or, even more importantly, called by their country name (i.e. Cubans, Columbians, Mexicans, and so on)? Never heard anyone say "Americans" is offensive? That's a huge snowflake red flag.

I bought a cheap Squier bullet mustang to try the short scale out… and except for the frets needing a polishing, I’ll be damned it didn’t need a thing. I ALWAYS tinker with my guitars and I have yet to touch the bridge. I did change pickups but there wasn’t really anything wrong with the originals either. It’s insane that a $100ish guitar new from Indonesia can be that good.

seward

Silver Supporting Member
I'm about to do an NGD for this guitar, and I'm gonna talk about how it plays vs the other guitars I've played, mostly $1K-$2K. A lot of folks have said a lot of positive things about it, and I agree.

IMG_9053.JPG

LikeLinus

It was a Mexican citizen who first pointed it out to me.
One opinion does not equal the general masses or social norms.

What does your Mexican friend call "Americans"? Gringos? The term gringo is also accepted in many parts of Latin America to refer to a person or something from the U.S.

Last edited:

Bluedano1

This Squier Thinline ( new in November) knocks me out! Very comfy, light, sounds very good; 3 nice pickup sounds

Attachments

• IMG_8558.jpg
    IMG_8558.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220402_002333.jpg
    20220402_002333.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 9

Trending Topics

Top Bottom