Guitars you're fancying, but can't or won't get?.

GK34

I have owned a couple of Les Pauls over the years, but I have let them go simply because they are not comfortable for me. It’s tough, because I’m a big Allman Brothers fan, among other Les Paul greats. I would love to have another Lester one day, but spending the money on a guitar that I ultimately will not use as much keeps me from pulling the trigger.

there's a shell pink custom shop strat with a gold anodised pickguard and a solid rosewood neck on reverb.

it's utterly ridiculous, and failing 4 grand just falling from the sky into my pocket I will never get it.

if someone here hunts it down and buys it just post some pics at least.

Liko

Currently suffering mild GAS for a PRS 245 SE:
prs-se-245-ca.jpg

Nice guitar, LP-ish but "fixing" several of the common issues with Gibbies, we know PRS are well-made even in the SE series, and the SEs are less than a grand new, so very affordable as guitars go. So what's the problem?

The problem is I have 8 guitars and no guitar gig, the ones I have more than cover the tonal bases, and I'm really not keen on selling any of them to fund this purchase. So it's kind of hard to justify a ninth axe relating to necessity in any way, especially one rivalling my primary gigging bass in cost (and second only to my custom Warmoth build on the six-string side). Sure, I bought most of my stable with no paying gig, but now that my gear, at least the bass gear, is somewhat paying for itself, this whole practicality thing has entered the equation.

Last edited:

JukeBoxRat

Silver Supporting Member
LP Boogie Van.jpg

I know these were laughed at pretty hard on here when they were released, but if $ fell out of the sky, I'd be into it, but only in this color scheme. If Epi ever makes one, I'll be all over it. It's ridiculous. but so am I.

Jason UP

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe dipping my toe into the PRS game...one of those Suhr Asatos perhaps...just can't find the nerve to pull the trigger...would have to sell a guitar to make room and that's a hassle...i'm sure I'll get around to it at some point!

Urobouros

Double Platinum Member
I loved my Thunderbird but won't buy another no matter how often I think about it...

Magnets And Melodies

Silver Supporting Member
Gibson CS 57 Goldtop
Gibson CS 57 Black Beauty Custom

These are the only 2 guitars I'm still jonesing for. Can't afford it at the moment, at least not without selling other stuff that I don't want to sell.

Unfortunately I really don't see prices of these going down anytime soon, so I'm not sure if I'll ever grab em, but.. I will not be buying any other guitar unless I have those 2 first.

GraceToo

I can afford it, but it’s hard to justify spending that much money on a single instrument. I’ll buy the Epiphone version if they come out with an “aged” cream LP custom (like the old blackback custom run) with the Kalamazoo headstock, because the finish on the current arctic white LP customs will stay blindingly white for too long.

FCDADEDA-FB4B-43C5-A94B-9030E8D6FBA9.png

JukeBoxRat

Silver Supporting Member
I can afford it, but it’s hard to justify spending that much money on a single instrument. I’ll buy the Epiphone version if they come out with an “aged” cream LP custom (like the old blackback custom run) with the Kalamazoo headstock, because the finish on the current arctic white LP customs will stay blindingly white for too long.

View attachment 437557

Exclusively at MF. In stock.

GraceToo

Understandable. This one's been tempting me, too, but thus far I've been able to resist.

Those gold open humbucker covers are tasty, and put me in mind of my favourite famous white LPC:

48884E4D-9A13-4ED6-A46B-85D80C0302CD.jpeg

If they’d gone with a white back instead of the black back, I’m not sure I’d have been able to resist, even with the hassles of international shipping.

Mt.Abraxas

agreed. it's also ok to find unnecessary gibson potshots infecting thread after thread tiresome.

to contribute something on topic...a gibson wes L-5 (with one pickup) in sunburst. dont play jazz anymore, dont need a $8k+ jazz box.

This x1000k. It is perfectly ok to not like something.

Imagine hating a guitar company so bad that you have to hang on a to an "authentic" meme. ...that's like three years old. So old you gotta scrape the mold off of it in the world of the internet.

cycler

Silver Supporting Member
Actually there are 3...would live to have an ash body strat, two tone burst, an alder body tele, vintage white, and a semi hollow, either a Collings I35 LC or PRS Mc Carty 594 semi hollow. It's just at my age, 71, and not gigging, I have a hard time justifying spending the money on myself.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom