Gurus Echosex T7E

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

The T7E is finally coming and I've been very excited about this for a long time but even more now with the description Chicco gave. He posted this in the Echosex 2 thread but I bet a lot of people will miss it in there so starting its own thread now. No pics yet but here's the description:

"it have ALL same features of a real Binson. Same controls with some added.. like the rewarded Age Of Damage, like a Totally WET balanced D.I. out for studio applications, and a "motor Adjust" to increase the total delay time keeping the 4 Heads in sync. I mean controls like the 4 heads combination 12position selector (with 4 leds to see what's working) selector Echo,Rep, Swell (****, the swell is great.. really hard to find a real binson in enough good conditions to sound good in Swell mode!) input, tone, length of swell....
    This is supposed to be a real alternative instead to buy an old Binson, and despite the fact we make it able to increase the delay time, the OLD binson have a max delay of 300ms. so, if you are not Flash, i don't think you can set a 70ms delay time by your foot.. don't you?!
    We totally redesigned the Echosex, it have an input volume (like the T7E) to better fit any instrument without crunch his input, the preamp have an incredible linearity of 7 to 500.000Hz +/-0,5db (****!!) and the circuit is simply insane! not a single SMD component has been used.
    i'll share more info very soon.. we just finished the first working prototipe, and already designed the pcb, now we're going to start the tuning process, and then production..
    Sir Alan Parsons himself will help us in the last steps of tuning process."

@Gurus Amps

MrMoose, yawiney, Cgkindler and 12 others like this.
  2. Tri Pedal Reviews

Tri Pedal Reviews Member

Sounds neat. Wonder what the price point will be.

LordByron likes this.
  3. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

Then I'll have to sell my echosex 2 soon.

LordByron likes this.
  4. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

This will determine a lot for a lot of people. ES2 was already pricey, if this is an improvement, I could easily 6-700USD.

5. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

Any further word on this little beauty?

6. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

:munchwaiting for vids... I have to say I preferred the boonar over the echosex 2 ltd so Im curious to see if they will beat dawner prince in the echorec run (without an impossible retail price hopefully)

screamingduck, jnepo1 and LordByron like this.
  7. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

8. Gurus Amps

Gurus Amps Member

Yes, we are at the end of tuning process.. it will be released in SEPTEMBER guys! here we are..
    you won't believe to your ears.
    Price should be 599. But it is early for any considerations, you should try it, it is not a pedal but an alternative to an original old unit. It will be a must for every studios, cause a good working (i mean good!) old unit it's so rare to find out...

i will give you MORE details very soon.. i mean.. MORE. i'm writing something that looks like a book!

9. 100JH

100JH Member

How about a photo?

LordByron likes this.
  10. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

More. More! MORE! Please? :bow

dshobe likes this.
  11. R.C.Moran

R.C.Moran Silver Supporting Member

Any news is wondefully exciting, and September is right around the corner!

LordByron likes this.
  12. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

Can you please answer the basic question of whether in and out jacks will be side or top mounted? Also, where is power located and what power supply will be needed would be helpful? Finally, will there be more IO than a simple guitar signal input and guitar signal output please? I am reworking my board to fit this when it comes out. Thank you!

Advisable Owl likes this.
  13. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

14. 2tone

2tone Silver Supporting Member

plus the coming Effectrode Binson unit......wow

15. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

where did you see that?

16. misa

misa Supporting Member

...and the TRex Binson. Things are going to get pretty interesting.

LordByron likes this.
  17. magnus02

magnus02 Member

I've been on a multi year hiatus on pedals (minus a Count to 5) but I believe this, the effectrode if it ever surfaces and the new CB delay are in my near future... Good stuff out there. I don't need features... I need SOUND.

18. Gurus Amps

Gurus Amps Member

Ciao!, it will share the same chassis of 1959Doubledecker and Sinusoid.. Main i/o jacks are on sides, Power input is on top right, and on top left there's a Rec Out Balanced/unbalanced 100% wet, to connect the unit to a mixing console. As in the "Old Italian Echo" there's a Input level control, assisted by a magic eye display, to better fit any kind of signals...
    That's funny.. i'm writing the manual replacing any referring to "Binson Echorec" with "The Old Italian Echo".. cause a foreign company has bought the rights for use that two words.. that's totally ridiculous. I would buy rights on the word "hamburger" so then you must refer to "that typical American round sandwich with meat & sauces" if you don't want to go into a lawsuit!

Oscar A, yawiney, enharmonic and 7 others like this.
  19. KnowTalent

KnowTalent Just SAY NO to "Creamy" Distortion

Just use Hamburger Echo!

20. 100JH

100JH Member

@Gurus Amps Ciao...Buon giorno mio amico...let us see! How about a photo?