Gurus Echosex T7E

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2017.

1. MrFuzzTone

MrFuzzTone Supporting Member

Seems to still be a lot of effort going into delay gadgets. I believe T-Rex is also supposed to do a mechanical version. I would guess Effectrode would do a good job. Since I am happy with my current Echosex, I should find the T7E interesting. There were good deals on a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe and Empress Echo System so I also ordered them. Delays do go well with good fuzz pedals. Cheers.

Michael_V likes this.
  2. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

Hey, thanks. I did see the settings, but just wondering if Gurus could chime in and specifically discuss range of darkness to bright.

3. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Supporting Member

@Gurus Amps I'll take one of these B Stock happily.

jacopo likes this.
  4. brettmoor

brettmoor Silver Supporting Member

Same here!!

5. Bass in Zurich

Bass in Zurich Member

Me 3 :)

6. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Supporting Member

It's school-bus-yellow instead of the gold I envisioned. May I have the B-stock discount as well?

jacopo likes this.
  7. noise'n'hum

noise'n'hum Member

8. Antony Miln

Antony Miln Member

Hello everyone. I'm not a regular on forums, but feel these circumstances are exceptional.

I owe a few people apologies.

Firstly to our customers who preordered the new Echosex 2º T7E - many of them several months ago - and who still have not received a pedal. We should've emailed everone yesterday, but due to an error in our office, only half of our customers received that email. So to compound their frustration of extended delays, they saw a demo going up online and hear secondhand that others have been contacted.

Not good. Our fault. I'm very sorry.

Secondly, I owe Chicco at Gurus an apology.

My wording in the email should have been more positive: he's always been 100% straight with us and has always kept his word (the T7E delays are an exception). I know he is a kindred spirit when it comes to striving to deliver the best-sounding gear possible to his customers.

Make no mistake, the T7E does sound very good. I love my Echosex Ltd, and the T7E takes this further.

I have a great deal of experience with Binsons; there are few people alive today who have heard as many vintage machines in near perfect working order - and a great many far from perfect - as I have. I've learned much from experienced Binson people in the past, but much of my more recent knowledge and experience is with our machines, the sound of which I have been instrumental in shaping over the years.

Reading Chicco's comments about developing the T7E with Alan Parsons, I was struck by the realisation that maybe what I think of as typical Binson behaviour, could actually be Soundgas Binson behaviour. So maybe what I expect in terms of feedback/oscillation is not standard - maybe messrs Barrett, Gilmour and Wright had their machines tweaked - as we do - to enhance and encourage their Binsons' abilities to feedback continually. A stock factory T7E may well have not been set up to endlessly feedback - while those of us who've grown up with dub and Floyd expect delays to self-oscillate, I suspect Mr Bini did not. If you're not a delay feedback monger, you'll love the T7E. You'll probably love it anyway - overall the sound is very good.

I was so excited to receive the first twenty pedals - which I know Chicco worked hard to get to us as soon as he could - so when they arrived in less than perfect condition, we were extremely disappointed. It seemed that if we felt this way, so would our customers, so I suggested we delay sending and refund everyone. Chicco told me send anyway - "they'll love them" - and if there were any returned, he'd make it right. We opened three at random and each had issues, so we took a considerable amount of staff time opening, checking, photographing, testing and cleaning the twenty pedals to ensure we knew exactly what each one was like.

I felt that we needed to tell people what to expect - some would be happy as long as they sounded good, but others would not accept cosmetic issues. A few pedals couldn't be sent out as they were, so we had to disappoint some customers. My mistake was to write the email while I was still feeling disappointed myself - Chicco, I'm sorry - it could've been handled better.

It was my attempt at damage limitation - we heard little from Chicco, the poor guy is stuck in Russia with minimal internet as I understand - but because we'd already posted a pic on social media, I knew we had to move fast. I wanted to avoid people getting something they weren't happy with and being disappointed. I posted our demo at the same time so everyone could hear how it sounds and make up their own minds (and no, I'm not a guitarist, but I thought it was the pedal, not my playing I was demoing). I know from the replies we've had that on the whole this has worked - some people cannot accept the cosmetic issues and want a refund, some don't care and have heard the demo and want us to send the pedal.

Because I'm not a regular forum user, it never entered my mind that someone would post a private email publicly doing exactly what I was hoping to avoid - I see how naive this view was.

So I'm very sorry to all who have had a less than perfect experience here. We, and Chicco - once he's back in full communication - will make this right and the T7E will go on to great things.

9. MrTakoYaki

MrTakoYaki Member

Soundgas is in the UK, but I'm in the U.S. Any time estimate on when these are going out to Austin Guitar House? I pre-ordered one. Also, I know the actual Binson units didn't have any tap tempo, but is there any way that I will be able to have tap tempo on this pedal (even with an external tap tempo pedal or something?).

10. Gurus Amps

Gurus Amps Member

hey guys.. after my homeless experience of this night.. ahah.. yes, i was take "prisoner" in the Moscow airport as my flight to from China to Italy has been cancelled for weather conditions, but as i don't have a Visa for Russia, i can't get the **** out from the terminal, so i was forced to sleep there, and TGP helped me passing the time.. ;-) Anyhow, now Tony updated me, and he's now sending me back the few units that really need to be fixed from scratches or broken panels.. so i can replace it and will send out new unit to him for swap it to you.. as told to Tony.. i'm sure you'll love it. At the same time, the bigger batch of pcb are on test and we're now assembling it, so we will send it to all the dealers in the next days.. I know we have to apologize to everybody for the long wait.. and for these troubles.. i'm sure it will worth, but i know how frustrating is to wait for a lovely piece of gear.. oh, btw, no.. it's not a yellow bus.. it's a color similar to the very first echorec t7e.. no more the same "martellato" finish cause it is actually not available in italy as a standard color by paint suppliers.. for the LTD, we asked to made it for us, but the quality was discontinue and it's hard to ensure the same color for different productions in a decent number of pieces.. So we chose to move to a standard color the most close possible, but easy to find, that gives the same look without going crazy.. i will post a pic of the new T7E near an old LTD so you'll see there's not so big difference.. (anyway i love this new color!) but the painting process was one of the big part of the huge delay..together with the chassis mods..

11. jacopo

jacopo Supporting Member

This totally makes sense. A like is not enough for this post, I really appreciate all of it.
    What a gentleman.

Maybe we have to further address the self-oscillation issue. I have no experience with Binsons, so I would just read more about it.

J|!

Advisable Owl likes this.
  12. moidan

moidan Member

@Gurus Amps

Personally I think it´s a shame that you send Soundgas so bad units!

I ordered the pedal month ago and I never got stressed. You told us several times "next week, next week..."
    It is not the big problem for me to wait when you deliver a great product.

But now you shipped a weak product and tell us that you are sure we will love it!?:rolleyes:

I am really disappointed too!
    I will not cancel my order yet, but I am close!

In the past you told us a lot and how perfect the pedal is. Now it´s time to show us a this perfect pedal!

Show us great pictures
    Show us great clips
    Show us happy dealers

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  13. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Great responses from Gurus and Soundgas. While communication lacked during delays Gurus apologized for that awhile back and confirmed it was out of their control. They were stuck waiting just like we were. This seems to happen often in the gear world and i personally have just come to expect it every now and again. I have no issues with the wait time for the manufacturing errors which had nothing to do with the pedal itself but only the chassis. When hundreds of us are screaming "where's my pedal!?" i'm sure they wanted to get them out as quickly as possible but i'm fairly positive Gurus or any pedal company isn't going to see a broken face plate and say "send it anyways". He stated he believes this happened during shipment. The paint issues may have been overlooked in a rush and he's going to make it right if you get one you're not happy with. I don't know.... despite the issues i'm happy i'll be getting the pedal i've been looking forward to for some time soon and that's all that matters. If there's an issue with my unit i'll let him know and he'll send me a new one... a little more delay but not a big deal to me personally though I know we're all different.

Soundgas, understandably frustrated as your number one responsibility is to the customer but yes, unfortunately in the forum world it seems nothing is safe, ha. I've also worked with you guys on a number of occasions and have always had superb communication and products. Love the Binson i bought from you guys when i had it and still love my Hawk reel to reel echo and Vocu VTE1600. You guys are great and I for one appreciate you putting up any video. I for one like to hear single notes and all the various settings rather than some noodling in a style i wouldn't play it with anyways. Thanks for sharing!

Texas_Blues, Pwurso and donfrantz like this.
  14. lxy108

lxy108 Member

Soundgas demo #2

jacopo and Pwurso like this.
  15. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

All those requesting “B” stock should be aware these blemished units are being offered to us at full price not discounted, which is surprising and disappointing. Why in the world would anyone pay full retail for a flawed product? This is a premium product at a premium price with an outlet mall presentation. Whoopee.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Thor, Tonefan, pup tentacle and 4 others like this.
  16. timmerel

timmerel Member

As there is a Binson right behind the Echosex in this video, a side-by-side would help to understand the similarities and differences.

Boba7 likes this.
  17. Black_Label

Black_Label Silver Supporting Member

Sort of like comparing Echoplex pedals to real Echoplexes. They're all a little different but there are some qualities that all Echoplexes or Echorecs will have. I'm excited to try it!

18. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

Man, some of you guys are getting really bent out of shape on this. No pre-order, no stress. I can't imagine this whole pre-order ordeal helped anyone asides from Ruiner lol.

19. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

The issues haven't helped anyone including me, not sure why they would? Luckily both Gurus and Soundgas are communicating with their customers and sorting it all out.

20. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

“Sorting it out” means asking customers if they want to cancel or pay full price for blemished merchandise. Not really bent out of shape. Just a lot of missteps in their handling of the launch of a flagship product. Would any of you expect customers to absorb the full cost of your manufacturing or shipping damages? I find it strange people are okay with this but maybe they’re just so stoked to finally try one that nothing else matters. Strokes and folks, I guess.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Thor and moidan like this.