Gurus Echosex T7E

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2017.

1. timmerel

timmerel Member

As there is a Binson right behind the Echosex in this video, a side-by-side would help to understand the similarities and differences.

Boba7 likes this.
  2. Black_Label

Black_Label Silver Supporting Member

Sort of like comparing Echoplex pedals to real Echoplexes. They're all a little different but there are some qualities that all Echoplexes or Echorecs will have. I'm excited to try it!

3. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

Man, some of you guys are getting really bent out of shape on this. No pre-order, no stress. I can't imagine this whole pre-order ordeal helped anyone asides from Ruiner lol.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner Supporting Member

The issues haven't helped anyone including me, not sure why they would? Luckily both Gurus and Soundgas are communicating with their customers and sorting it all out.

5. Michael_V

Michael_V Gold Supporting Member

“Sorting it out” means asking customers if they want to cancel or pay full price for blemished merchandise. Not really bent out of shape. Just a lot of missteps in their handling of the launch of a flagship product. Would any of you expect customers to absorb the full cost of your manufacturing or shipping damages? I find it strange people are okay with this but maybe they’re just so stoked to finally try one that nothing else matters. Strokes and folks, I guess.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Thor and moidan like this.
  6. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

I mean the pre-ordering. I know you're more than content to wait it out and get a great piece of gear.

7. Ruiner

Ruiner Supporting Member

Oh no, I agree with that point. I want the product as intended both cosmetically and functionality or a discounted price. That only makes sense unless the blemish is extremely minor.

Michael_V likes this.
  8. Ruiner

Ruiner Supporting Member

I wouldn’t say content but I understand it and am ok with it... i’d Love to have it already just like everyone else!

9. MrFuzzTone

MrFuzzTone Supporting Member

I have a pre-order. No stress. Not a big deal. Not a medical or mental emergency.

Advisable Owl likes this.
  10. Ruiner

Ruiner Supporting Member

Right? I expected a delay and i got one. :D

MrMoose, Thor, ToneIsKing55 and 2 others like this.
  11. javahut

javahut Member

Well... it might be a mental emergency. :eek: :D

12. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

@Gurus — Did you send out all of the first batch to Soundgas and none to demo guys yet? Or do demo guys have them also, and we will hear some of their demos soon? Thanks!

13. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Supporting Member

I don't mind helping finance forward thinking innovative creative risk takers in the music world. And I will get an incredible product for my trust.

14. moidan

moidan Supporting Member

Thats it!

15. Boba7

Boba7 Member

I listened several times to the demo and to Soundgas demo of a real Echorec (here
    ) and in all honestly I just cannot hear how they're supposed to sound even remotely similar. The repeats and decay are so different on the Echorec. On Guru's Echosex they're much "grainier" and the bandwith seems quite limited.
    Waiting for better demos though.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. Michael_V

For ease of comparison:

Boba7 likes this.
  17. datguytim

datguytim Member

I think it's going to be the same basic issue as all the tape delay emululators (both analog and digital) face: it has the best intentions, lots of work went into it, and it has alot of similarities, but the true dimensionality of the original analog manual moving parts simply cannot be cloned. It's been tried with tape delays for years, & NO ONE has nailed it yet. If you think differently, then you've never played a real Echoplex, or a Fulltone TTE, or Battle Plex, etc. There is a 3D organic tangible quality that remains elusive to pedalmakers..........

Michael_V and Baba Louie like this.
  18. MrTakoYaki

MrTakoYaki Member

So my question is, now with the blemished units being replaced at Soundgas, does that mean other stores will have a delay as there are less units to send out to them? Any estimate as to when these are going out to Austin Guitar House? It would be great to have these before Christmas :)

19. Michael_V

Dying to hear from the first people who get one of these...

20. Antony Miln

Antony Miln Member

Just had an email from one of the first customers to receive his T7E - he seems pretty happy...

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the prompt delivery of this amazing pedal.
    I did go over it with a magnifying glass...after I played it for four hours...I couldn't find anything I would call a flaw.
    Probably because the ringing in my ears was causing my eyes to water...or maybe I was crying with delight.

As usual, fantastic service from a company that puts its customers top of their priorities; that's you, Soundgas.
    Complaints....ahmmm....too well packed??? took up precious playing time opening it!!!

OK OK OK there are NO COMPLAINTS, I was just pretending I was on a forum[​IMG]
    I bet these early "flawed" machines will be worth a fortune in years to come just because they are flawed...crazy pedal people.
    Anyway, suffice it to say you got one happy customer.
    Many thanks again.