Gurus Echosex T7E

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Advisable Owl

Advisable Owl Member

I mean the pre-ordering. I know you're more than content to wait it out and get a great piece of gear.

2. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Oh no, I agree with that point. I want the product as intended both cosmetically and functionality or a discounted price. That only makes sense unless the blemish is extremely minor.

Michael_V likes this.
  3. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I wouldn’t say content but I understand it and am ok with it... i’d Love to have it already just like everyone else!

4. MrFuzzTone

MrFuzzTone Supporting Member

I have a pre-order. No stress. Not a big deal. Not a medical or mental emergency.

Advisable Owl likes this.
  5. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Right? I expected a delay and i got one. :D

MrMoose, Thor, ToneIsKing55 and 2 others like this.
  6. javahut

javahut Member

Well... it might be a mental emergency. :eek: :D

7. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

@Gurus — Did you send out all of the first batch to Soundgas and none to demo guys yet? Or do demo guys have them also, and we will hear some of their demos soon? Thanks!

8. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Supporting Member

I don't mind helping finance forward thinking innovative creative risk takers in the music world. And I will get an incredible product for my trust.

9. moidan

moidan Member

Thats it!

10. Boba7

Boba7 Member

I listened several times to the demo and to Soundgas demo of a real Echorec (here ) and in all honestly I just cannot hear how they're supposed to sound even remotely similar. The repeats and decay are so different on the Echorec. On Guru's Echosex they're much "grainier" and the bandwith seems quite limited.
    Waiting for better demos though.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  11. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

For ease of comparison:

Boba7 likes this.
  12. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I think it's going to be the same basic issue as all the tape delay emululators (both analog and digital) face: it has the best intentions, lots of work went into it, and it has alot of similarities, but the true dimensionality of the original analog manual moving parts simply cannot be cloned. It's been tried with tape delays for years, & NO ONE has nailed it yet. If you think differently, then you've never played a real Echoplex, or a Fulltone TTE, or Battle Plex, etc. There is a 3D organic tangible quality that remains elusive to pedalmakers..........

Michael_V and Baba Louie like this.
  13. MrTakoYaki

MrTakoYaki Member

So my question is, now with the blemished units being replaced at Soundgas, does that mean other stores will have a delay as there are less units to send out to them? Any estimate as to when these are going out to Austin Guitar House? It would be great to have these before Christmas :)

14. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

Dying to hear from the first people who get one of these...

15. Antony Miln

Antony Miln Member

Just had an email from one of the first customers to receive his T7E - he seems pretty happy...

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the prompt delivery of this amazing pedal.
    I did go over it with a magnifying glass...after I played it for four hours...I couldn't find anything I would call a flaw.
    Probably because the ringing in my ears was causing my eyes to water...or maybe I was crying with delight.

As usual, fantastic service from a company that puts its customers top of their priorities; that's you, Soundgas.
    Complaints....ahmmm....too well packed??? took up precious playing time opening it!!!

OK OK OK there are NO COMPLAINTS, I was just pretending I was on a forum[​IMG]
    I bet these early "flawed" machines will be worth a fortune in years to come just because they are flawed...crazy pedal people.
    Anyway, suffice it to say you got one happy customer.
    Many thanks again.

16. Antony Miln

Antony Miln Member

Another happy customer emailed last night:

"Just a few words to let you know my T7E arrived safely this morning. In one word “stunning”.

What can I say, thank you very much for yours and your team’s efforts in getting a pedal to me given the recent circumstances and doubts. Yes cosmetically it has a few ‘flaws’ but the sounds so far live up to the expectations. I’ve only managed to spend a few hours with it this evening, along-side my Echosex 2, with my Moogs and I’m very pleased with what I hear. I have limited experience with the Binson Echorec so I have some learning to do with the T7E which will be fun.

Once again my thanks to you and your team, great company and superb service. Whenever you are in communication with Chicco again please also pass on my appreciation.

Excellent product and customer service. Thank you."

I asked him if we could quote his comments here and he replied as follows:

"Yes please pass on my comments to Chicco and any forums. I would also add if people have issues with the price I would say go look for other comparable boutique handbuilt pedals, if you can find any, with these features and sound quality.

When others have had their chance to get their hands on the T7E I will certainly be back for a second pedal.

Once again many thanks for your tenacity and customer focus."

Pwurso likes this.
  17. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

False Catalinbread nailed the Echoplex. I have an ep3 and it gets 99% of the way there.

Black_Label and XISTH like this.
  18. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

Still waiting to see some demos from guitar players. Somewhat surprising that nobody is posting anything. Really surprised @Gurus has not had anyone just come into their shop and play the thing and post it.

19. Pwurso

Pwurso Member

I'm guessing/hoping everyone is busy playing! :rockin

20. javahut

javahut Member

I would be... if Ihad mine, yet. :(