Gustavsson Bluesmaster thread PART 2

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I played GAT's two Gustavsson guitars.

Poor intonation, sprouting frets, weigh at least 11 lbs, not grounded and buzzed like the E! Channel reporting on Megan Fox, would not stay in tune, neck dive like Greg Louganis.......

OK, I lied.

Really nice guitars no doubt, very sweet and 3D sounding, effortless playability. The translucent topped Bluesmaster has movement in the light that will leave me mesmerized for days. Playing through a 10th Ann Two Rock was heavenly. Is it worth the price of admission? That's for each person to answer to themselves.

I'd rather spend (blow) 11k on two or three heli trips to Alaska or ski South America in August and heliski in the Andes mountain range.

narad

Silver Supporting Member
I'd rather spend (blow) 11k on two or three heli trips to Alaska or ski South America in August and heliski in the Andes mountain range.
Eh, buy the JG and "Planet Earth" on blu-ray :D

moreeye

We had a geat test day in my hometown 2 weeks ago, and every single person there admitted that my Bluesmaster is the greatest sounding guitar they have ever heard.

cubado

We had a geat test day in my hometown 2 weeks ago, and every single person there admitted that my Bluesmaster is the greatest sounding guitar they have ever heard.
Almost same results here ..... Amongst my player & collector friends!!!

And amongst them..... Many very very nice guitars!

YMMV!

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
I did another test day myself last weekend with my buddy the PCM-D50. I went all Marshall this time -- and played some classic rock and electric blues instead of the noodley jazz stuff I'm known for around here. It's not my strong suit, but what the hell, it was fun. (if nerve-wracking trying to play approximately the same thing four times in a row!)

See what y'all think... https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/571983

api

Would some "vintage" JG fit in here as well?
I own a few JG guitars including the 2nd guitar he ever built back in the 80´s.

The goldtop Tele is one of my favorite guitars!
It has a Gibson scale length and radius, is made out of mahogny but has a bolt on neck.
Originally had P90´s but the previous owner wanted humbuckers so Johan routed it for that at some point.
It is chambered and is super light and just an amazing guitar.

Enjoy!

v-verb

Would some "vintage" JG fit in here as well?
I own a few JG guitars including the 2nd guitar he ever built back in the 80´s.

The goldtop Tele is one of my favorite guitars!
It has a Gibson scale length and radius, is made out of mahogny but has a bolt on neck.
Originally had P90´s but the previous owner wanted humbuckers so Johan routed it for that at some point.
It is chambered and is super light and just an amazing guitar.

Enjoy!

Amazing - I love his work!!! Are you in Sweden?

cheers

nigel

api

Yes, I am in Malmoe, Sweden and I have known Johan for a very long time.
Great guy and fantastic builder!

API

garyrogue

Gold Supporting Member
Hi
Hey API nice to see posting some of those cool pictures of some of JG history.
Gary

fretnot

Any new pics of JG's floating around? I never get tired of looking at them.
:beer

GAT

Here's my Goldtop, I love this guitar. I was opening up for Arc Angels in these pics.

Shane S

I have had these guitars for a while and I finally got some acceptable photos of my two Bluesmasters. I am very fortunate to own these two. Before anyone asks, both are slotted and I absolutely love the tone of both guitars.

dwes

You dog!
:p

I have had these guitars for a while and I finally got some acceptable photos of my two Bluesmasters. I am very fortunate to own these two. Before anyone asks, both are slotted and I absolutely love the tone of both guitars.

GAT

Shane, I have a goldtop humbucker, not sure if it is slotted and a sunburst humbucker, that is slotted. Both are stellar!

Trending Topics