Gustavsson Bluesmaster

SHM

I´ve never played one, but when I see a Bluesnaster, I feel like picking up guitar :)

There´s something about the design, that I love.

See, I live only 20-30 km from where they are made and it feels tempting to just go there and get one :), if I had the Money......

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
I´ve never played one, but when I see a Bluesnaster, I feel like picking up guitar :)

There´s something about the design, that I love.

See, I live only 20-30 km from where they are made and it feels tempting to just go there and get one :), if I had the Money......

That you are quite nearby, perhaps you should, (although the chances are you will become a convert). Once you play one, you will try to find the money.

Being in Europe, you should be able to communicate with Johan Gustavsson direct on an order, (as USA buyers have to go through Cliff @ DAG or Craig @ CR Guitars when ordering/importing a JG from Sweden).

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
You have no idea, lol

The most uniquely responsive guitar I own. Ridiculous harmonic complexity. Even more than the solid or chambered JGs.

Plays effortlessly and records beautifully.

I had a semi-hollow and it was killer. But, my chambered JG still had more complexity, IMO. I ended up selling my Futuremaster, BM-S and my Fullerblaster and just kept the original Bluesmaster.

boggydepot

Here's a beauty which I saw on Johan's FB page shipping to DAG. I tried to jump on it but Cliff already had a deposit on it. DAMMIT! I would have been on this like white on rice.

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
file_zps795f1f90.jpg

mykljpao

I had a semi-hollow and it was killer. But, my chambered JG still had more complexity, IMO. I ended up selling my Futuremaster, BM-S and my Fullerblaster and just kept the original Bluesmaster.

That's interesting Gil. Perhaps it's the Korina/Maple of the Dotmaster that gives it a more unique voice relative to the mahogany/maple of the BM and BMS. The response is REALLY immediate and precise. Delicate with an edge that then opens up with a kind of airy shimmer....hard to describe. Natural sustain for days.

I can't imagine letting my Futuremaster go. It has the sweetest high end of any of my guitars with incredible detail and articulation (again, the Korina?). And, my Fullerblaster (mahog/maple with solid braz rosewood neck) is perhaps the most versatile of all my JGs. Each one has it's own voice with very little overlap in tone while obviously sharing the same builder dna.

I would happily sell everything else and just keep my JGs.

At any rate, glad to see you are still enjoying your "original true love", lol.
best

trucks

I bought Gil's Fullerblaster (also mahog/maple w/maple neck). All I can say is Gil's BM must be amazing. I refused a straight trade of my FB for a friend's BM.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
I can't imagine letting my Futuremaster go. It has the sweetest high end of any of my guitars with incredible detail and articulation (again, the Korina?).

I don't have my BM-S any more but I do have a Futuremaster and, yeah, this. Along with that incomparable sustain/bloom. Unique and compelling sound. MP, you play any slide on it?

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
Funny, I just have to jump in with you guys, as a newer member of the club- I have the Darkburst P-90 BM pictured above, and still my first, my Futuremaster. I too couldn't IMAGINE selling that guitar- it is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever owned, vintage, boutique, or otherwise- and believe me I've been around the block with the best of 'em.
I'm convinced on Korina. The voice of that guitar is unbeatable.
That guitar is a sleeper, IMHO

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
Do they all have contours on the back?

No, by far the majority do not have a 'belly cut', although all JG Bluesmasters have the small 'heel chamfer', (if that is the right description) for easier top fret access.

Having experienced both body types on JG Bluesmasters, I feel a 'belly cut' option is an especially nice feature if you play guitar strapped-on high up, as it gives an even more comfortable body playing angle.

AFAIK, a 'belly cut' has to be specified on a new JG Bluesmaster build order, (the 'belly cut' one I have was bought used)

Last edited:

benjamino22

Silver Supporting Member
My pair. These guitars have a whole 'nother dimension to them compared to anything else I've played.

Thinking up ways to snag a third.

boggydepot

Something totally left field for me......eyes on a Dotmaster. Never owned a semi before and thinking hard on this one.

Last edited:

benjamino22

Silver Supporting Member
Decisive! Congrats.

I am sure you will not be disappointed, my BM-S sounds amazing and plays like a dream.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom