Gustavsson Bluesmaster

Patch

Platinum Supporting Member
The 05' I bought from Steve Rigby and I believe I sold it to Alex Dann. The 08' I bought from Alex Dann (are you getting the picture here ? :^) ) and that might have been Gil's (GAT). BOTH were exceptional guitars !!!!

I will say here that Johan's guitars for me are as good as it gets. That's not to say that there are not others that are his equal or would top him but, in my little corner of my musical world, the BM (over the FM and the BMS) is my perfect guitar.

Like I said, I bought it from Alex and Joshua told us mine was a '05.
Everything is clearer now!!!

boggydepot

The last batch of JG's landed at CR Guitars yesterday. My Dotmaster is shipping today. Gonna be a really cool NGD soon.

mykljpao

The last batch of JG's landed at CR Guitars yesterday. My Dotmaster is shipping today. Gonna be a really cool NGD soon.

Congrats! It is just breathtaking when you open the case for the first time.
The feel and balance are wonderful and it has such a unique defined voice.
Not too shabby an early Christmas present, eh?

boggydepot

Congrats! It is just breathtaking when you open the case for the first time.
The feel and balance are wonderful and it has such a unique defined voice.
Not too shabby an early Christmas present, eh?

Quite a few holidays rolled up into one!

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
And just to confuse things a little more, I sold the 05' Goldtop to Steve Rigby and bought it from Timmo.

My pics...

94prs22

And just to confuse things a little more, I sold the 05' Goldtop to Steve Rigby and bought it from Timmo.

And Rob Dixon (57Special) sold it to Timmo...and I played it at Rob's house and know it to be a fine guitar!

LIONEL69

Here's an oldie. All the way back to when I was short-haired and clean-shaven. Ha!

I had a nice 2-hour session with this one yesterday. Hadn't played it in a good long while.

Here's a demo I did where it's the lead/melody guitar. Different pickups than the YouTube above. At some point I changed back from the Mike Turk humbuckers that are in the video to the original pickups, which are Wolfetone Legends.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/kingsley-durant/give-her-my-regrets[/SOUNDCLOUD]

A relatively recent photo:

Gustavsson%20Bluesmaster%2059.jpg

what type of amp is that ?????

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
what type of amp is that ?????

In the video the amp is a Carol-Ann OD2. 50W, 6L6 version. Analog Man Astro Tone fuzz on the lead guitar. (Fuzz on for whole time)

On the studio track the amp is a K&M Kimock signature that has the same changes that SK's has had. Closest current production amp is the Two Rock Classic Type III. Astro Tone fuzz on the lead guitar on the outro.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I've had my BM for a couple of days and was going to hold off on writing anything until the honeymoon phase is over, but this guitar is so obviously out of this world great that I have to report on my experience so far.

The BM looks brand spanking new. If I had been told that it was new there is nothing on the guitar to indicate otherwise. It's beautiful and superbly crafted in every respect. I thought that the neck might be too big for me since I'm used to '60s style Fender necks but the neck is sublime, just perfect, .950" at the 12th fret.

What got me interested in LPs and that kind of tone after playing single coil Fenders almost exclusively, is the need to learn some Mark Knopfler tunes for a cover band I'm working with. I just love his LP tone on Brothers in Arms and I guess he plays an original '58. I bought an R8 and another '91 Classic upgraded with Historic specs. They are both fantastic guitars and I thought that the BM would duplicate that LP tone. Well, it does in spades, but it does so much more. I've never been a big fan of an bridge HB, but the one in the BM (Wolfetone Legend) is one of the best I've ever heard. There is absolutely no need for me to switch out the pups like I usually do with every guitar that I buy.

I've never played another guitar in the same league as the BM. I must admit that I was a skeptic but figured that if the guitar was just hype I could sell it for what I bought it for since I got an incredible deal on it. I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I can't see this guitar going anywhere. I say that all the time and eventually learn never to say never, but this guitar does it for me completely. I'm so obsessed with it that I haven't been able to sleep a full night. I wake up at 3:00 in the am and have to play it. My wife is getting pissed because I haven't left my house since Thursday.

The guitar sounds great through every amp that I have. When I play clean I like to use my custom Two Rock TS1, for bluesy od I like to use my Alessandro English, and for rock n' roll you should hear this thing through my Trainwreck. Maybe I'll get it together to do a clip but I'm really lazy about things like that. Maybe I can get a vid of our next gig to poat.

So far, I'm a true believer. There's not doubt that this guitar is going to make me a better player, only because I want to play all of the time now.

More later after the honeymoon period.......

artguy47

Ol' CuRmUGeOn
Well, knew I should have passed this thread by...! Starting to feel like there may be a little gas left in the tank, after all...?

However, will want sell some guitars first, which I've been negligent in starting, as I don't feel the need, but? (Also the SO might blow a fuse? Been great so far, but don't want to push it...;-). Too many are sitting unused, and my own guilt, is really the deciding factor.

Like many here, don't really need anything, but when has that mattered on TGP?

mykljpao

Ahhhh, Another one drinks the koolaid and falls under the JG spell. Welcome to the world of infatuation with Johann's guitars. I went back and forth last night at a gig between my BM with HBs and my Fullerblaster. So different yet so similar. Enjoy and play the hell out of it.

artguy47

Ol' CuRmUGeOn
In my world, someone who is only an SO is given no influence in this matter.

(If she wants some influence, she can buy a ring and pop the question and see what happens.)

After being together for over eight years, we got married in September. Rings and all...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom