Gustavsson Bluesmaster

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
what kind of case came with the BM? I bought my BM used from Wildwood and it came with a Hiscox case. Decent case but it isn't form fit to the BM. Me thinks that this guitar originally came with a better case. Anyone?

fretnot

Platinum Supporting Member
what kind of case came with the BM? I bought my BM used from Wildwood and it came with a Hiscox case. Decent case but it isn't form fit to the BM. Me thinks that this guitar originally came with a better case. Anyone?

No, that's probably original to the guitar. Older ones came with Hiscox cases.

Mac Daddy 355

MilkBone Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member

sounds like the original case

Patch

Original case.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks guys. I want a better case for this nice BM because there's room for it to move around in the one I have.

fretnot

Do yourself (and your guitar) a favor and get a better case. Ameritage and a couple other case companies have the dimensions. There is even one made for JG with his logo and everything from G&G.

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member

As others have said, the Hiscox was what housed BM's... Very decent case and lightweight, but not 'form-fit' for a BM.... Understand Hiscox can supply little 'support cushions' for a BM if you approach them...

Around '09, some BM's were being shipped in Warwick Deluxe LP-style Rockcases, although now there is an oblong JG G&G badged fitted case.

IMO, the old Gibson Gen 1 Protector cases are great for a BM.

mykljpao

I had considered getting a cedar creek case for my two BMasters but after giving it some thought realized that the gorgeous case just screams "expensive guitar inside". I regularly gig with mine and like the fact that the Hiscox cases run totally under the radar and provide hefty protection. I just use a large cleaning/buffing rag to take up the slack and wipe the guitar down. I may yet spring for one for 'special occasions', lol, as they are so damn pretty. I'm not a fan of the huge rectangular cases. Prefer a contoured fit for the smaller footprint. If I know the venue, most often I'm using a Mono gig bag.

I wasn't a fan of the G&G case. While pretty, it was HUGE and the locks did not line up right ( Cliff said a common problem). I would stick with what you have

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
Here is an Ameritage case, (this one has pink lining) which can be ordered to fit a JG Bluesmaster. Very well built and strong.

DSC00590_zps4ecc9623.jpg

tejastubes

I wasn't a fan of the G&G case. While pretty, it was HUGE and the locks did not line up right ( Cliff said a common problem). I would stick with what you have

Also I didnt like the G&G deal as the you could not easily order directly and then you seem to have to pay a stiff premium for the case with the logo etc. I think they directed me to matte or Johan to order or something, but I may not be remembering that correctly,,,it was while ago:bonk. Anywho, the one you got looks nice and functional.

Shepherd101

Silver Supporting Member
Here's the one you want...JG Suede case. Like a coffin.....

I have the same case issue with my FM. My BM and Dot and 2 FB's all came in rectangular G&G cases of various descriptions (2 slim brown tolex, one oversized mottled brown and one pseudo suede). I've asked around and no one has these you mentioned, or any other. I called G&G and Ameritage, they don't have them either. They have the template and can make a one off, but for over $300, and they don't offer the embroidery to the public. Only Jo or Gene can get them, but Gene won't be making the Gustavvsons anymore starting Jan 1. And he's out of cases. I've written to Jo but have not received any reply. Cliff can order one but it won't come in until the next shipment of gits, which will be a while coz he just got some for now. Craig doesn't have any either, and I'm waiting on a reply from Matte. What a predicament.

Shepherd101

Silver Supporting Member
Here is an Ameritage case, (this one has pink lining) which can be ordered to fit a JG Bluesmaster. Very well built and strong.

DSC00590_zps4ecc9623.jpg

That's a nice one. Did they make it for you? What was the cost? How long did it take to get?

Ron

Silver Supporting Member
Only the Ameritage looks good for my BM, otherwise the Hiscox will do. I'd like the info about this case too.

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
That's a nice one. Did they make it for you? What was the cost? How long did it take to get?

It came with a Bluesmaster during 2010 before the current JG badged rectangular cases started being used.

Would guess they are circa $450/500 direct from Ameritage and as they have the measurements, shouldn't take too long.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom