Gustavsson bolt-neck guitars

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
I've seen a fair number of Gustavsson bolt neck Fullerblasters. Cool looking guitars, with a feature set that really appeals to me...

Just curious... Is he carving all those necks himself? Does he have folks working for him that are carving them? Or is he purchasing them from another source?

Anybody know?

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
Dave!

I don't have a definitive answer but I'd say 99% sure Johan's doing all the work. He's good like that...

guitarnut_1

I tend to prefer boutique builders mainly on set neck guitars. Plenty of good bolt ons from non-boutique companies for less $....

Johan carves his own necks and he is in pretty rare company....people who claim these other companies for less money are anywhere on par with his work most likely have not truly compared

mykljpao

I tend to prefer boutique builders mainly on set neck guitars. Plenty of good bolt ons from non-boutique companies for less $....

Lol. You are correct; there are plenty of good non-boutiques. Johan's guitars aren't "good". They are another order of magnitude. I own 5 of his and 2 of his designs for PBG. I always thought I prefered set necks and humbuckings. My Fullerblaster is probably my most used instrument. Of course it is always a matter of taste and application but in my minuscule universe there is nothing better.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom