Guytron GT-100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fenderbender4, Apr 26, 2005.

1. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

How are these amps. Without the X-mod. Do they have a lot of clean headroom, even with the master wide open? This is not the FV model.

2. SQUAREHEAD

SQUAREHEAD Supporting Member

Dude!!

You have asked about almost every amp in existence here over the last month or so. You HAVE TO get in a car, bus or plane and go somewhere to "try" some amps out!!
    No matter what someone tells you, it won't matter until YOU have played/tried the amp!

keith

3. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I saw him make an inquiry on an amp in the Emporium, so it looks like he's about to buy! Woo-hoo!

4. SQUAREHEAD

Which amp, Mike?

5. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

The lead player in our band (www.moethefish), aka Impulse 101 plays a Guytron GT-100 and it sounds GREAT -- both the clean and the overdrive channels.

6. fenderbender4

Any info on this thing?

7. SQUAREHEAD

Are you buying that Bruno CT 100 ??:confused:

8. fenderbender4

I might....depends on sale price, and even if he is willing to sell it. But back to the topic, there is a guytron gt-100 out there and I want to know if it's got a lot of clean headroom, cause that's what I'm looking for. I really liked the clean on the Two-Rock Onyx, but they're pricey, even used. Plus they're hard to find and not 100 watters.

9. SQUAREHEAD

Ok, Bro... but you were asking me about versatility and a couple of "in between" channels??!! You know you're now looking at MUCH less versatile amplifiers, Right?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

10. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

When I had one, I ended up changing out the V1 for a lower gain 12AT7, because the cleans were a bit gritty. (And trust me, I like grit). Don't know about headroom though.

The OD is unique, it's like Dumble meets Marshall, with a bit more emphasis on the smooth Dumble thing. The X-mod adds more Marshall character, if you want it, in the OD channel.

11. fenderbender4

Don't worry, I fully understand the whole, "one-trick" pony, which really isn't a bad thing if the trick it does is killer. The diezel looks cool, but it's expensive and I would use it for distortion. I'm looking for something that is clean (possibly have a smooth OD to it) at high volumes. Some people mentioned some stuff to me about a Fender Dual Professional, but I would like to know if it sounds at all like a Two-Rock Onyx clean because I really really really liked that clean sound.

12. SQUAREHEAD

All I'm saying is, make sure YOU hear that one trick with YOUR ears and YOUR fingers playing before YOU buy it.

13. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

The Two Rock cleans are their own thing. The Dual Pro won't sound like any Two Rock clean. People will argue that with me, but it's true. The Fenders are much brighter with less mids.

If you buy a Two Rock just for the clean tones, that's a heckuva lot of money to only use a portion of the amp's abilities.'

Whereas the Dual Pro is a dedicated clean machine, no waste.

14. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

15. straycat23

straycat23 Member

Don't think for a minute he's going to buy. We went back and forth on an amp and then he told me he didn't have the funds to buy anyway.

16. fenderbender4

I've got the funds. I could drop +$4,000 on one head, but I would like that head to do what I'm really looking for.

17. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Then why don't you?? Or better yet drop 4K on two heads. You need to get into the buying and trying mode as all the **** you read online has nothing to do with how this stuff will work for you. Time is wasting. Spend less time asking questions and more time trying amps out and you will be better off.

18. fenderbender4

It's just that's the problem, is that there really isn't anything here where I live. The stuff I tried, I didn't like. One store that "supposedly" is a dealer for many brands, admittedly does not cary the brands they're "supposed" to have. out.

19. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

The real problem is, no matter how many questions you ask here, you will *never* eliminate the risk of buying an amp you might not like if you can't try it out. At some point, you just have to make your best educated guess and go with it. And then, you're just another one of us on the learning curve.

Welcome to The Journey.

20. SQUAREHEAD

Then you'll have to do a "day trip"... If you don't have a car, grab your guitar, get on a bus and go! Plan to visit a couple or three music stores and try as many amps as you can. period.
    That's the ONLY way to find what amp's for YOU!
    You're asking questions about amps that have so little in common, at this point it's getting a little stupid. Please take this in the right context. I know how frustrating gear shopping is, so TAKE THE FRUSTRATION OUT IT, AND GO TRY SOME AMPS!
    :)