Gypsy Jazz Part 2 "All of Me"

JosephZdyrski

Oh cool I’ll likely take whack at this one first as I have the chart for it already.

plus I could attempt it more straight ahead as the Gypsy style is still much more foreign to me at this point.

Last edited:

JosephZdyrski

Ok here is a take not a Gypsy Jazz take as I’m still trying to get bebop under my fingers so I ain’t trying to shift gears totally yet. Plus I picked up some improv tricks I’ve been wanting to try on some new tunes I like and just looking for more tunes in general this is on the list now too so I’m gonna keep at this one, still working out the head from my real book to try and get some of my readings back to crappy instead of really crappy lol. Also I miss the final A7 change in this, realized I was missing it, when I was practicing it more this morning but at least I can tell I’m missing a change now on these Jazz tunes which is progress lol.

Also the Ella Fitzgerald version may be one the best vocal performances ever.

Also also... your minor swing take was awesome... sounded authentic Gypsy Jazz too. Haven’t listened to your take on this yet..
Edit: Now I have .... even better than minor swing I think... the chords at the end are killer.

...will do that after I post this. Sorry this one has the worst view..:/

Last edited:

dlguitar64

Ok here is a take not a Gypsy Jazz take as I’m still trying to get bebop under my fingers so I ain’t trying to shift gears totally yet. Plus I picked up some improv tricks I’ve been wanting to try on some new tunes I like and just looking for more tunes in general this is on the list now too so I’m gonna keep at this one, still working out the head from my real book to try and get some of my readings back to crappy instead of really crappy lol. Also I miss the final A7 change in this, realized I was missing it, when I was practicing it more this morning but at least I can tell I’m missing a change now on these Jazz tunes which is progress lol.

Also the Ella Fitzgerald version may be one the best vocal performances ever.

Also also... your minor swing take was awesome... sounded authentic Gypsy Jazz too. Haven’t listened to your take on this yet..
Edit: Now I have .... even better than minor swing I think... the chords at the end are killer.

...will do that after I post this. Sorry this one has the worst view..:/
Thanks for all the kind words! I am really impressed with your progress and
really enjoyed your take.

JosephZdyrski

Thanks for all the kind words! I am really impressed with your progress and
really enjoyed your take.
Thank you...:) been putting in lots of work, glad it’s finally paying off. Cuz for a while the progress was so slow, it was like trying to get a car out of the mud, now that I have a bit of momentum things are getting to be more fun, and less frustrating.

Trending Topics