• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

H.E.R - Amazing Rendition of "America The Beautiful" at the Super Bowl

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
I think for the AFC Championship, they had a young kid from the School of Rock do that national anthem on guitar. Pretty cool to see back to back guitar parts. Of course it's all scripted to some level and not 100% raw, but I'll take seeing my favorite instrument on a national sports stage any day.

mikejr555

Anyone see the acoustic thing she did after the game? Her and a guy on keys, song called "Damage" I think she's pretty good.

bobcs71

I get that, but let's not pretend this was a major landmark in the history of guitar playing: one person miming on stage is hardly a Hendrix at Woodstock moment.
I thought it was entertaining.
Consider my opinion is from someone who watched the superbowl during commercial breaks of the Simpsons.

MGT

I despised it (but think she's great). That being said, I'm not American and think that the song is "tres fromage" anyway...but as someone else mentioned, there was too much Mariah going on. And don't get me started on the rendition of your anthem. Whew.

Balls

I despised it (but think she's great). That being said, I'm not American and think that the song is "tres fromage" anyway...but as someone else mentioned, there was too much Mariah going on. And don't get me started on the rendition of your anthem. Whew.
I have to agree with you, the Anthem truly sucked.

megawzrd

Silver Supporting Member
Great performance by an artist with talent to express it. I dig that prince like swager to her guitar playing...cool to watch.

Mike J.

Being raised in modern western culture, I wonder why a guitar playing woman is still so special. From an objective point of view H.E.R. was okay - no more no less. However, Susan Tedeschi or Bonnie Raitt would have blown either the Country dude or H.E.R. Out of the water :) Maybe a little off topic, but it’s kinda sad that a boob lapping over a guitar body still guarantees 1 million plus YouTube views :-/

kidvox

Big fan of H.E.R., but not really a big fan of (anybody) reimagining “America the Beautiful” or “The Star Spangled Banner”.
Those songs were written to bring attention to the country not the artist.

Wow. I’m surprised at my own conservancy. I must be getting old.

Balls

I liked it. Although my 9 year old son said her boobs were to big and too close together. Hard to keep a straight face after that!
I mentioned them last night in another thread and had my post hidden and got a warning from the admins. :confused:

W88

No roof at RJ Stadium so blowing the roof off is no big deal. Much like this "performance." Meh ...

cragginshred

My wife pointed out a girl playing guitar was on the pre game show, I asked 'is it plugged in' and she said I dunno but she has big b**bies o_O

iamdavea

Gold Supporting Member
The vocals may have been great but the song doesn't fit the USA or any other country at this time for that matter. It's more like "********* The Ugly". I'm not being negative, just realistic.
No, of course you're not being negative. :bong

Trending Topics

Top Bottom