• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

H.E.R Elton John Tribute

DRS

Great performance!
I think guitar as a pop instrument still has some life left

Tahitijack

When there is talk of the future of rock music and talent that is keeping our hopes alive we need to reference this video...H.E.R. is the total package.

juxtapolice

Silver Supporting Member
Great performance!
I think guitar as a pop instrument still has some life left
I’m 1000% on board with that. I get annoyed every time I see these “guitar is dead” threads. It’s just really out of touch. It’s more popular currently than I can remember in my personal playing history. I think, at least a couple weeks ago, every top ten tune had guitar. Even pop monoliths like Olivia Rodrigo have this edgier/indie production style - derivative? Sure but who cares it’s about kids hearing real instruments and getting lit up by it. Also
I think these newer pop tunes featuring guitars and other instruments are pretty great, we went from the same 3/4 chord songs to bridges returning, solos, modulations, different time signatures in some cases… I mean this is all great and will prove to be really fruitful for music to come. I believe it was Charlie Hunter who said that guitar is a vernacular instrument. It’ll always speak to something simple and true about culture and people and because of that I don’t see it dying out in any sort of way. And now we have folks like H.E.R, that’s real playing and real soul so I think the future is in safe hands!

Guitarfool

When there is talk of the future of rock music and talent that is keeping our hopes alive we need to reference this video...H.E.R. is the total package.

Not sure how much "rock" she would incorporate in her music (although there are many forms of rock music) She is UBER talented and the fact that shes covering a Elton John from the 1970s song is very cool to me and exposure for a newer generation

I also like that shes not just grinding on the floor 1/2 naked talking about her body parts like some so called artists :facepalm

Trending Topics

Top Bottom