• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

H&K Replex

blood5150

Anyone have any hands on experience with one of these?

I have heard nothing but good things... Does anyone use one live?

I saw one at my local store... GAS.

Eventhough I already have a Superdelay, Skreddy Echo, DD-3, AD-999 and an Ibanez DL-10.

I am a delay whore.

W

WarToad

Someone is selling one here I believe for $300. I have no experience and was interested in buying it then I checked it out and it occured to me its just a digital delay with a tube preamp and a bit pricey for that. Sound clips sound nice though. You have an AD-999 already, plus those digital delays, hate to state the obvious but why in god's name do you need another?

blood5150

Who doesnt want more?

I thought that it may offer something a little different than what I have... always on the search my man.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
It is nice. I was the guy selling one. Too much stuff, had to downsize the board, all the usual reasons. That doesn't detract from the potential of the Replex. It's different than any other delay I tried. Has its own sound, more towards the echoplex vibe than not. Lots of adjustment options, with separate drive and output knobs, plus volume and effect level for the delay. Other than the size and weight of it, the downside with this pedal is that it's too easy to mud up your signal, to turn the drive knob too far. A little of the EP-3 style preamp boost goes a long way. If you get it right, it's quite an effective live sound. Beautiful echoes, not digital in the least. More like tape echoes. Because it has a boost element as well as delay, I found it tricky to balance with clean boost. Some worked better than others. But the thing sounded so fine. Were it not for running into a TIM and retrosonic delay at about the same time, I'd still have it.

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
I have had one for several years. Everything mentioned above(Mad Dog) is accurate as far as I'm concerned. I paid about $530.00 for it new and I think it lists for over $600.00 now. I tamed the over-drive problem by swapping the 12AX7 with a 12AU7. The down side of it is that it takes up lots of space on my board and the reverb is sub-par for a unit of this cost.

W

WarToad

Well, puretone30 is the name of the guy I was referring to. He's still selling it if anyone is interested. I was but went Retro_sonic for various reasons.

coolhand78

I've had one and sold it... I wasn't much of a fan... They add a lot of noise and they are big... I changed out the tube for a NOS 5751 which helped with the noise but honestly it's not worth the price...

Its supposed to emulate an echoplex and for that much money just buy an echoplex... Or given that you have some great delays already buy a timefactor and a clinch ep-pre! You'll get much better results than a replex and think of all the other options in a timefactor... :)
YMMV of course ;)

Last edited:

gillibi

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using one for years and absolutely love it. I haven't found that it is noisy if you have your imput and output balanced correctly.

I solved the bypass problem by swapping the 12AX7 for an EH 12AU7. I had tried every type of preamp tube made and found the Electro Harmonix one was the best fit for me due to it brightness. I always use the reverb switch as my bypass with the reverb level off. Having this beauty massage my base tone is incredible...it's like a transparent compressor almost. It evens things out and provides me with an amazing extra gain stage.

Add a ClinchFX EP-Pre to it and you'll be in heaven, trust me.

donbarzini

Silver Supporting Member
The best way to get the most out of the Replex is to have it modded with a kill dry switch to run the delays wet only, no tone change and super quiet.

Trending Topics