H&K replex

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ...rock..., Dec 21, 2009.

1. ...rock...

...rock... Member

Hi guys,

What's to say about this delay from hughes and kettner , i can buy one second hand (250 euro) but I'm having doubts...

How do you compare it with a Line 6 DL4?

thanks!!

gtrz

2. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

GBZ:

Never had the Line 6, but used the Replex for years. IMO, it's one of the best sounding delays out there. Closer to an echoplex vibe than you'd expect from a non-tape unit. Adds a warm, pre-amp type boost to the tone, just as a good tape unit would.

Digital, but not digital sounding. Downsides are size, power requirements (AC). Also, it can get muddy on stage if you don't dial it in just right.

3. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

+1 Best non-tape type tape delay I've ever used. I had mine modded as well to run wet only which eliminates the mud you speak of.

4. Showman

Showman Member

Hi!

I just got lucky and scored a Replex for cheap and I absolutely love this thing. The echos sound so fat and natural and the built in preamp got some of that Tube Factor feeling (fat, warm, dynamic) going on. The reverb isn't the best though. I compared it to my DL4 in Echoplex mode and the Replex smoked it big time! The DL4 sounded thinner and more artifical + the DL4 has that ugly volume drop. Compared to my DMM I would say that it has at least as much character but the replex is much quieter.

cheers,
    Kiyoshi

5. ItsaRat!

ItsaRat! Member

I've seen this mentioned a few times, what does that do for you exactly? Does it necessitate you having a parallel effects loop, or running a stereo setup? I'd love to have mine modded to clear it up a bit, but if the pedal outputs only the echoes I don't know that it'd do me any good.

6. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

Yes, if you run it in wet only mode, you will need a blender type pedal if running in front of the amp. In an effects loop, you would need a parallel type.

7. zachman

zachman Senior Member

Nice sounding pedal