H&K Rotosphere....used. A good idea for our keyboardist?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by B_of_H, Aug 14, 2008.

1. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

A guy we know is selling a rotosphere and I mentioned it to our Keyboardist who doesn't like the leslie sim on his XB-2. Would this be a good investment for him?

It's about half price from new.

2. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

Any leslie sim will sound better with 2 amps, having a pedal move the sound left to right gets you as close to a spinning pair of rotors. IMHO Most leslie sim pedals I've had don't sound authentic in mono. it takes 2 amps to really nail that effect..

if he runs 2 amps or taps into the pa, the rotosphere will put a smile on your face.

the Deja Vibe 2 works nicely with a roland vk8 module, I was just tinkering with that setup, nice to have the ability to control the vibrato speed with an expression pedal.
    the boss RT20 does a decent job as well but the buffer in that pedal isnt so great, you can overload the inputs easily, I had it distorting with a korg o1wFD pro and the roland vk8 module.

3. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Rotosphere is great with an organ sim.

4. 6789

6789 Member

I've heard the Rotoshere used with a Farfisa Keyboard and a pedal steel guitar and it sounded fantastic with both.

5. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Excellent choice. Key player in my former band had one. It sounded great with one amp, two amps or direct.

6. NicDo

NicDo Member

I use the Rotosphere2 for my guitar. i've heard it with keys and it KILLS, but -Analog- is right on- it needs to be stereo. it's my very favorite pedal ever, but don't even plug it in anymore since i've been using just one amp.