H&K Switchblade?

jammers5

Just picked up a hughes and kettner switchblade 100 head (1997) and a Marshall 1960a 4x12 cabinet. Bought it for the cab (price was so good!) but after playing with the head I am really impressed! this has got to be one of the most versatile amps I ever played thru! it goes from nice cleans to rude in your face gain all at the flick of a switch!

It didn't have the footswitch, and from what I understand its a midi controller (7 pin with phantom power) unit -over $200, yikes!

Two questions:

Will any midi footswitch work? if so any recommendations as I have no clue about them!

How much is this amp worth as it is to sell? It has been re-tubed with all TAD glass 8 months ago, really good condition. sounds great thru the 1960a lead cab!

TIA

J5

bish0p34

Any midi footswitch will work. My old PodXTLive worked, as well as a Behringer, and an acient ART X-15. They don't sell for much either. I've seen them go 700-900.

I have the 100 head and the 50 combo, as well as a Tubemeister 18, and a Triamp MKII. I biased the switchblades, and there was a clear difference and a better tone. I'm going to put Mullards in the amp soon. Read a lot of reviews that they warm the sound up.

jammers5

Thanks! If I can get $700 out of the head I would be happy...I'll start there! Anyone interested it it PM me here!

Last edited:

Trending Topics