H9 vs Electro Harmonix Super Pulsar

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jul.brown90, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jul.brown90

jul.brown90 Member

Hey guys !

I was wondering if any of you compared the Eventide H9 tremolos to the ones of the Electro Harmonix Super Pulsar ?

I haven't read much about the Super Pulsar on the Gear Page !

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. earwax

earwax Member

The H9 can do more than tremolo!

3. jul.brown90

jul.brown90 Member

I'm just wondering about the tremolo sounds of the H9 :) ! In terms of versatility, experimental sounds of the H9 vs the Super Pulsar !

4. 909one

909one Member

I have an H9, never tried the Pulsar. It looks cool though. As far as experimental type tremolo sounds, I would imagine the H9 would blow the Pulsar out of the water in terms of versatility. There are a few algos in the H9 that purely just focus on patterned sequenced type effects, which is Im guessing the Puslar does, but with the H9 there is so much room for tweaking. You can set up filter sequence type stuff, note generation based on pitch, all sorts of stuff. It's pretty incredible. Not to mention that the tremolo algo by itself sounds pretty great. You can set up a really classic bias trem that sounds dead on to an old amp. I'm still delving into all the possibilities... as they are virtually endless.

5. Ben Sp

Ben Sp Member

Seems like, at a gig, in the heat of battle, the EHX would be more flexible in real time since you don't have interface it with another device... unless you want a computer onstage with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

I have both. Comparing the two purely from their tremolo abilities, there's no question in my mind that the Super Pulsar comes out on top for that particular effect. And to be honest, I was very, very skeptical that the Super Pulsar would deliver the goods they way it does.

For overall usefulness, I'd have to give the nod to the H9.

7. celticelk

celticelk Member

You're talking about the HarPeggiator algorithm, yes? The major difference between that and the Super Pulsar is that the HarPeggiator can only be set to pre-programmed sequences provided with the algorithm, while the EHX lets the user program sequences.