1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Had a wonderful night with my Divided By 13 LDW 17/39!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sickboy79, Mar 28, 2008.

1. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I just wanted to share what a rockin night I had with this amp! I'm a classic rock/hard rock/punk/rockabilly guy and this amp just does those tones in spades - if not more!

I plugged in my 72 LP Deluxe w/Pat sticker T-tops into the LDW and matching 2x12F cab (GBs) tonight around 8:30pm - Since it was a bit late - I turned the master down to reasonable levels. All I can say is Fred designed probably one of the best master volumes I've ever heard! I had the gain around 3 oclock - and controled everything with the volume control of my LP at that volume level. The tones were thick, fat, greasy, and raunchy! I've heard a lot of folks say this is Fred's version of the JCM 800/JMP 2204s - but I totally disagree! There are so much more complex tones going on (and I own a 79 2204). Much more lower midange going on. But, not so much that it clogs the tone. It's just right. Such a 3-D tone. A crunchy chord just swirls around and even goes into nice controled feedback and lower volumes!

Granted - I only played dirt tonght - but, this amp gets stellar clean tones to.

All I can say is that this amp is absolutely amazing - and one of the favs in my collection! I've seen a lot of folks ask what Divided By 13 is for me - and they want some thick gain, good cleans - and a decent volume level - you need the check this amp out!! It is absolutely stellar! (that said - I really want to add some other Divided By 13 amps to my collection!)

[​IMG]

2. ROKY

ROKY Member

Do you have to [re]adjust EQ when you turn down the MV ?

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Nice!

Fender, Marshall, Matchless, TopHat, /13.......you a gear ho, bro!! :D

4. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

Sickboy, you and I are in the same boat musically, and this review answers the question I've always had about D13's and crunchability. Thanks!

By the way, can I borrow yours now?

5. ROKY

ROKY Member

He does have some choice ampage.

6. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I can't to get my hands on one.
    And actually,
    I'm open to trading my amazing FTR37 just to try one.

7. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Not to much. As I mentioned, this amp really has one of the best master volumes out there. It doesn't thin out or compress the tone to much as you turn it down. If anything - extremely minor tweaks. Hope that helps.

8. ROKY

ROKY Member

Yup .. I was just curious, as I find that when I turn down the MV on my
    TopHats I can keep the same tone and feel w/ extremely minor eq tweaks,
    as well .
    Thanks for confirming what a 'lil common sense will getcha .

Did we mention you have some killer amps ?? :BOUNCE

9. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Top Hats are also one of those amps that I feel have fantastic master volumes. I would say that LDW's master is on part with my Emplexadors.

Thanks!

10. ROKY

ROKY Member

Did you get the Matchless 4x12 wired up, yet ?

11. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Sure did! AMAZING! I'll have to update that thread!

12. joeschai

joeschai Member

Vince, noooooooo. You're gonna regret it, man! I still do......... :jo