Had my Kemper now Three years...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by stratotone, Feb 20, 2015.

1. stratotone

stratotone Silver Supporting Member

...and it's still one of the best pieces of gear I ever owned. I never stuck with the same amp rig for three years - *every* gig that I've played since Feb of 2012 has been with the Kemper. Four different bands, still in two of them - a Black Sabbath tribute, two 80s twin guitar bands (same personnel in both except different singers) and a 70s - 80s classic rock band.

Some of the amps I used live 'pre kemper': Soldano SLO, Bogner XTC, Mesa Road King, Mesa rackmount rectifier, Mesa Mark III Coliseum, Randall MTS RM100 or RM4+RT 2/50 setup with custom modules, VHT 50/CL, CLX and UL, 72 Marshall with a drive pedal, Axe FX Standard, etc. I'm sure there's a few left out but that's about three years worth before I became Kempered.

Is a Kemper or modelling amp for everyone? Hell NO! But it's been a blessing for me.

Pete

2. choucas09

choucas09 Member

Coming up two years with mine and still besotted. It makes me laugh when people say they're expensive. I've got a bunch of amps and pedals that I can sell which will cover the price many times over. Yes, one of the best pieces of gear, no wait.., THE best.

On the profile question I bought mine with TAF's pack 2 and have never bothered to acquire any others. People seem to sweat whether they're paying for more features than they need, but it's not really like that. I generally only use about 5 or 6 and often un-tweaked, but other times times I have little adventures with other amps and of course there's all the effects and parameters to play with when in the mood. I think it's a bargain.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015