Had to Roll back to fw 2.71

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by davidb7170, Jul 19, 2019.

1. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

I have a gig tomorrow out of town, and found several of my go to presets went sideways in 2.80, too bad as I am loving the new models and control of the PC plus in the new firmware... Just running out of time to sort them out.

Most of the problem presets involved the JTV where I was running 2 paths, one for JTV models, and 1 for the mags, where I would switch between the two paths. The snapshots wouldn't switch and hxe reported not reading the snapshots correctly. Figure I'll have to recreate those presets IN 2.80, as something got lost in translation somewhere... Another couple were straightforward amps with snapshots controlling gains and such. Not enough time to troubleshoot.

Rolled back to 2.71, and restored from my backup, and they all worked again.

Will redo the update next week when I have more time to sort them out.

2. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

You've probably already done this, but please touch base with Support, and probably send them your backup and a description of what's busted, so they can sort it out for 2.81.

(I don't speak for Line 6, just interested in a stable Helix)

3. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

Thanks, good idea. Will do next week when I'm back.