Hagerman Boost with EF86 tube. Anyone tried it?

fechart

I've used it in front of an AC4 and a Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and I love it. I bought it after seeing the Pete Thorn demo, and wasn't disappointed. It sounds just like it does in the video.
That's great! I'm really interested, never had a tube driven pedal. I'm trying to get more gain out of my 50w Plexi Reissue, but I don't want to mess with mods, so I guess this pedal is the most similar possible to adding another gain stage in the amp.

The part where Pete plays the Komet on the video is addictive to me lol. I hope it sounds that nasty in front of my Plexi

abrackas

Silver Supporting Member
I too purchased the pedal after seeing Pete’s video. I compared it directly with an RC Booster and a high end Klon clone. It is much more amp-like than either of those pedals. Much more dynamic and transparent. I use it to push a Marshall SV20 head and it sounds fantastic. With the tube I would hesitate to gig with it but for studio/home use it’s killer.

Bob Williams

I bought this pedal after seeing Pete's video myself. I throughly enjoy it. I use it as a boost to push my Peavy head, does wonderful. I also like the way I can dial in the tones Ive been looking for. I do a lot of studio work which this pedal is perfect for. Side note//I like the exposed tube..cool looking..

fechart

I too purchased the pedal after seeing Pete’s video. I compared it directly with an RC Booster and a high end Klon clone. It is much more amp-like than either of those pedals. Much more dynamic and transparent. I use it to push a Marshall SV20 head and it sounds fantastic. With the tube I would hesitate to gig with it but for studio/home use it’s killer.
Those SV are amazing! Does the booster take it to Van Halen territory? I noticed on Pete's demo that tone gets maybe a bit too thick for that sound.

abrackas

Silver Supporting Member
It takes what you have and gives you more. You can get VH or whatever depending on your rig setup and if it was in the ballpark before.

Trending Topics