Hahn 228

55bar

Has anyone received a guitar from him in the last few weeks?

I'm a little worried his Facebook is suddenly inactive and no replies to emails.. (About 4 sent over the last month)

I have put "half down" on my 228 suddenly no communication.

Anyone?

Scent from my ismell

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Call Doug at mountaincatguitars. He is a dealer for Hahn and they are in the same town.

Baemer

Gold Supporting Member
Chihoe's Hahn Guitars Facebook page is available now. But yea, I bet what DougK says will work as well.

dthomas99

I've been wondering the same thing. About 4 weeks ago, Chihoe said I should send him the second half of my payment because he was ready to ship my guitar. After I sent it, he told me he couldn't ship because he didn't have any cases. That was 2 weeks ago. I've called and emailed several times since, but no response. And you're right, his Facebook site seems completely out of date. Anyone else know what's going on with Chihoe?

55bar

I've been wondering the same thing. About 4 weeks ago, Chihoe said I should send him the second half of my payment because he was ready to ship my guitar. After I sent it, he told me he couldn't ship because he didn't have any cases. That was 2 weeks ago. I've called and emailed several times since, but no response. And you're right, his Facebook site seems completely out of date. Anyone else know what's going on with Chihoe?

Hey, I gave Doug at mountain cat an email and he is looking into my guitar for me. Not that it's his job! (Great guy)

I was just getting worried as he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, another member of A different forum who I'm in regular communication with cancelled his order yesterday after waiting over a year.

He's yet to have a reply with regard to cancelling his order.

Pm me if you get Any news.

Scent from my ismell

pats

Silver Supporting Member
Be patient...

My build took about year, lots of anxiety for sure, but the guitar is hands down the best I have ever played.

-Pat

TeleDawg

I can't speak for what is happening with Chihoe "now" but I had - and foolishly sold- three Hahn's (two 228's and a 1229). Chihoe is a straight up, hard working guy - likely trying to keep the work going with just his hands and expertise. Maybe he has had a couple bumps in the road. I hope that he keeps it small and doesn't have anyone doing any phase of his work. Keeping it a small operation will keep the quality high, but may challenge delivery schedules. Hang in there - Chihoe is the MAN - best new/NOS-style Tele's on the planet.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
Didn't Chihoe used to work for Jay Monterose?

I am not suggesting anything, fwiw.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't Chihoe used to work for Jay Monterose?

I am not suggesting anything, fwiw.
He worked with him for a time, and it was only because of Chihoe joining him (smartly for a short stint) and pressing the issue on my behalf that I finally got my Vintique parts from Jay after over 2 1/2 years. Chihoe was a stand-up guy in my case, and I hope everything works out well.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
He worked with him for a time, and it was only because of Chihoe joining him (smartly for a short stint) and pressing the issue on my behalf that I finally got my Vintique parts from Jay after over 2 1/2 years. Chihoe was a stand-up guy in my case, and I hope everything works out well.
Same thing happened to me actually--Chihoe called me and I finally got my bridge after a year and a half.

He said he would throw in some knobs for the hassle, but I never got those.

Trending Topics