Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow.............

axe4me

It's come to this.

I have Stage 4 colon cancer.

I had Stage 3 in 2013.

Went into remission.

It's back.

My hair looks like a cross between the Crypt Keeper and Popeye's Sweet Pea.

It gets shaved for 2017.

Supposed to come back.

Let it shine.

I'm tired.

All the time.

grooveht

Gold Supporting Member
Jeeze man, best wishes and prayers on your recovery. Kick some names and take some ass! Or vice versa. I remember the first time I saw pictures of your gear spread YEARS ago and going "Oh. My. God." in my best Leslie Neilson Poseidon Adventure impression.

Last edited:

Papanate

I'm sorry nature has attacked you. Nature is unfortunately Amoral and Agnostic.
It doesn't care a whit about who or what you are - what age - or what you have done
in life.

Why not do something creative with your hair challenged scalp? A girlfriend of mine
got a really cool henna inked design on her head - it was really cool and exotic at the
same time. Henna Ink is not permanent - and no needles are involved. Her design
was India Krishna based - but I thought If I was going to do it I might get something
from the Tibetan Books or from Zen Monastery symbolism.

Also My friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer - found that hydrating the heck
out of himself lessened the length and breath of the after effects of his chemo
treatments. It might work for you - he would drink at least a gallon of water before and
after. Somehow that helped.

axe4me

I'm sorry nature has attacked you. Nature is unfortunately Amoral and Agnostic.
It doesn't care a whit about who or what you are - what age - or what you have done
in life.

Why not do something creative with your hair challenged scalp? A girlfriend of mine
got a really cool henna inked design on her head - it was really cool and exotic at the
same time. Henna Ink is not permanent - and no needles are involved. Her design
was India Krishna based - but I thought If I was going to do it I might get something
from the Tibetan Books or from Zen Monastery symbolism.

Also My friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer - found that hydrating the heck
out of himself lessened the length and breath of the after effects of his chemo
treatments. It might work for you - he would drink at least a gallon of water before and
after. Somehow that helped.

Thank you.
The ink design is cool.
I'm going to look into it.

Funny how paid gigs were few back when.
Now, I'm turning gigs down.
Now, that's cruel.
The good die young.
I'll be around for a number of years. :>)

M

Member 1963

What everyone else has said. And remember what my friend who should have died 20 years ago according to his doctors has said to me many times....it's 90% mental attitude. It's amazing what that can do, so even tho it's gotta be tougher than i could ever know, try, and best of luck to you. Prayers.....

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
I'm convinced that when it comes to fighting cancer, your mindset is the strongest medicine. Steel your will against it, surround yourself with family and friends who can help you do so, and live life on your terms, not cancer's term.

I've not fought this fight myself, but of those I've known who have, and who have followed that formula, were better for it.

Much mojo and good thoughts sent your way.

Ugly Bunny

Hell, man, I didn't even need cancer to have thin and ugly hair. Been shaving mine off and on for a few years now, but now it's all the time. You'll find an interesting peace in shaving your head; as you drag the razor across and you can hear/feel all the 'crunch' or roughness until you've got it all - so satisfying. Also, I HIGHLY recommend Harry's blades. They're much cheaper than your normal Mach 5 or whatever and they do as good a job if not better. I'm sure you've heard the commercials.

Whether you make it out again or not, keep rockin' to end, man. Cheers!

supergenius365

Disclaimer: Not an actual supergenius
Silver Supporting Member
Stay strong, brother.

Bald is beautiful! That's what I tell myself every time I look in the mirror. :D

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
Seems you are a fighter, man ... Respect.

BTW ... Don't worry about having no hair, been there with alopecia in times past and the people that love you will continue so because who you are.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom